Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR850 Error 403 Access Denied

KDPearson
Tutor

RBR850 Error 403 Access Denied

This is probably a noob question, but recently I can't acess the orbilogin.com or orbilogin.net or the IP address of the Netgear Orbi RBR850 Router I use.  When I try I get:

403 Access Denied.

Access denied

The administrator of this proxy has not configured it to service requests from your host.

Generated by tinyproxy version 1.11.0-rc1.

I infrequently access my router setup, but I've been having a problem recently and thought I would go in and look at the firmware and logs.  In the past access of admin page has not been a problem.  But I'm stymied by inability to access admin site at all.  I know I could do a factory reset, but that would mean I had to re-setup my static network, which would be a pain.  Lesson learned is to backup my router configuration file.  But I don't have a config backup.

Any advice on accessing admin page?

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR850 Error 403 Access Denied

Wire connect a PC to the router and factory reset the router using the back push pin button. Hold it in for 15 seconds then let go. Wait for the WHITE led to slowly pulsate on top of the RBR, then log in to orbilogin.com using a web browser and walk thru the setup wizard. This time write down all important information for safe keeping later on.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Do you have access controls or smart parental controls enabled on the devices you using to access the RBRs web page? 

Try a different PC or laptop and connect to 192.168.1.1...

Message 2 of 7
KDPearson
Tutor

Thank you for your response.

I don't think I have access controls (other than changed the logon password).  And no parental controls since no kids.

I've tried 2 different computers, one by wifi and one by ethernet.  Same result for both.

I've tried both Firefox and Edge browsers.

I've looked to see if I have some VPN going.  I couldn't find any.

I've successfully accessed it many times in the past with no problem.  Suddenly I'm having random loss of network and internet issues, issues connecting to HTTPS sites on first try and failure to see devices across the network.  All this in the last week or so.  And I can't get into the router to investigate/fix.  So odd.  I just thought I would ask before I hit reset to factory default and resetup my static network.

Again thank you for suggestions.

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Wire connect a PC to the router and factory reset the router using the back push pin button. Hold it in for 15 seconds then let go. Wait for the WHITE led to slowly pulsate on top of the RBR, then log in to orbilogin.com using a web browser and walk thru the setup wizard. This time write down all important information for safe keeping later on.

Message 4 of 7
Validus
Luminary

It says you are using TinyProxy, have you installed that on purpose and using it as a reverse proxy?

If so, you need to set up the customization of authorization controls to allow it.

Or can you access it via IP Addresses instead: //192.168.1.1

Under the router admin, look at the IP Address for each Satellite too.

Under the TinyProxy authorization controls you should add allows to those IPs as well.

If you didn't install the proxy yourself, check for malware (known as Win32/TinyProxy, Trojan-Clicker.Win32 or 3proxy) and have it removed. Kaspersky Internet Security, MalwareBytes, or SpyBot would be able to detect that.

Message 5 of 7
KDPearson
Tutor

Thank you everyone.  I did not install tinyproxy.  I ended up scanning for malware (none found), doing a factory reset of the router and re-setting up my static network.

Thanks to your advice, this time I have backed up my router configuration.  I should have last time.  Lesson learned.

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Enjoy. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements