Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR850 IP Address Error

Hineman
Initiate

RBR850 IP Address Error

Hello everyone.  Just got my new 3 pack of the Orbi 6 and when I set up the system today the main router and one satelite set up great, however the 2nd satelite somehow has been assigned a IP address that is not part of the network.  So it connects but nothing connected to it will connect.  I have tried to do a physical reset, I have tried to pair it again, I have tried to connect it with a cable instead wireless to the router.  Any suggestions on how to get this 2nd satelite working properly.  Would prefer not to have to set up the whole thing again.  Have not been able to update this ones firmware due to this issue.  The router and the other satelite upgraded firmware fine.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Hineman
Initiate

Update - Solved by changing the IP address on the router.  Did not want to do it but it was quite quick..

Thanks.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Hineman
Initiate

Update - Solved by changing the IP address on the router.  Did not want to do it but it was quite quick..

Thanks.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. If you have a router front of the RBR, this router maybe using same 192.168.1.1 string as the RBR. You can always change the RBRs IP address to avoid conflicts as well. I use 192.168.0.1. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7