Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR850 ORBI Wifi 6 - Cannot connect to some devices - solved

njsteblay
Tutor

RBR850 ORBI Wifi 6 - Cannot connect to some devices - solved

I just bought the RBR850 Orbi Wifi 6 with one satellite.  I've been having problems connecting my Amazon Firecube and an Insignia Google Home Clock.  After disabling the AX capability in Basic/Wireless and changing  the CTS/RTS Threshold to 2347 in Advanced/Wireless Settings the devices started connecting.  I hope future firmware updates fix these issues.

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR850 ORBI Wifi 6 - Cannot connect to some devices - solved

Good to hear. Please mark your thread and solved. 

Enjoy. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7

All Replies
Mikey94025
Hero

Thank you for these workaround suggestions.  I also noticed some random home devices that connect via 2.4Ghz having difficultly connecting to my new Orbi AX (RBR850) wireless whereas they connected fine with my old Orbi (RBR50).  Even setting up the Guest network on the AX with TKIP/AES didn't make it compatible.  I didn't try disabling AX mode.

I don't want to disable AX mode since that was the point of the new Orbi AX.  Therefore I'm currently running my old Orbi as a wireless AP chained to the new Orbi AX and it serve's as my home's guest network.

Message 2 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes for some reason NG changed these values to a low one. 2346/7 should work. Normally 2346 is default for most NG wifi routers. 

Message 3 of 7
njsteblay
Tutor

Yes you are correct.  It is the CTS/RTS Threshold setting that impacts the older devices.  I re-enabled the AX features and all older devices are still connecting.  So I would recommend that everyone set their CTS/RTS Threshold to the max to avoid issues.

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Good to hear. Please mark your thread and solved. 

Enjoy. 

Message 5 of 7
Ultradog
Tutor

I have an RBK852, there are separate CTS/RTS Threshold settings for 2.4 & 5.0.  Should I set one or both to 2347?

(Link to the original post brings me to this post)

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Both...

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements