Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR850 / RBS850 After Firmware update the Satellite does not display in admin console but works

darthwhat57
Aspirant

RBR850 / RBS850 After Firmware update the Satellite does not display in admin console but works

Just got the AX6000 kit router with satellite, I set it up using the phone app, that all went well. I updated both of the devices firmware (latest) and now the satellite does not show in the admin console of the router. The satellite is communicating to the router fine (got the blue steady light), I can access the satellite via IP address (which I found by plugging it in with a hard line) and I can even see what devices are connected to satellite but only if I log into the satellite's ip address. I do not see anything in the admin console of the router that the satellite is there. Another weird thing, when I log into the satellite, its the default password, it didn't take the router new passwords I created. Anyway how can I get the satellite to show in the admin console? Its not a huge inconvenience to log into the satellite separately, but before I updated the firmware, the satellite was showing in the router admin console fine. I would prefer it all in one place.  I've gone thru everything I've read on similar issues. I've factory reset both devices,. I went thru the whole new setup process and still the satellite wont show in the admin console. The only thing I thought that could fix it, but didn't try, was downgrading the firmware to what it was when I first plugged it in but Id rather not.

any suggestions is much appreciated!

Message 1 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR850 / RBS850 After Firmware update the Satellite does not display in admin console but works

Try powering OFF the RBR for 30 seconds then back ON.

If this fails, try a factory reset. Press the reset button on the RBS for 15 seconds then release. Resync wirelessly to the RBR while in same room as the RBR. Check the RBS web page.

Message 2 of 14
darthwhat57
Aspirant

Re: RBR850 / RBS850 After Firmware update the Satellite does not display in admin console but works

Nope neither worked. All it did was change the IP of the satellite. Appreciate the suggestions though.

Message 3 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Where did you change the IP address of the satellite and what IP address did you change it too? 

Message 4 of 14
darthwhat57
Aspirant

It changed on its own when I powered down the router.

Message 5 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

So what IP address did it change to? 

Message 6 of 14
darthwhat57
Aspirant

It was 192.168.1.3 and changed to 192.168.1.6 after the router power down. One thing i just noticed yesterday and it took a while for it show in the admin console (like a couple days) is that the satellite now shows itself int he admin console but shows as disconnected. Its definitely not disconnected as I can see it via IP address and I can see the devices connected to it. Can it take a few days for it show active again in the admin console?

Message 7 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Try setting a IP address reservation for the RBS on the RBR. Both of mine are set to 192.168.#.149 and .150.

Message 8 of 14
darthwhat57
Aspirant

I will give it try, I don't know if I can do that when the satellite doesn't show in that list  (because it shows disconnected?) when assigning a reserved IP.  But I will try later today after work and report back,. Thank you!

Message 9 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Might power off the RBR and RBS for 1 minute then back ON with the RBR first then one RBS. If it shows up on the RBR as connected go in and set a IP address reservation. 

Message 10 of 14
darthwhat57
Aspirant

I will try that again although, powering down either one hasn't fixed anything before. Thanks

Message 11 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Might need to do a full on FW re-load of the FW file on the RBS web page, IF you can still access it's web page, then a factory reset. 

Hopefully something gets the RBS working better. 

Message 12 of 14
darthwhat57
Aspirant

So I tried everything you guys suggested. Nothing seemed to work, then a few days later I see the Satellite finally shows up in admin console but shows as disconnected.  Then one day later, it was showing as connected but that's about it. It didn't show what devices were connected to it or anything in the admin console. That lasted about 2 days showing connected and now it shows offline again. The kicker is that its not actually offline and its working as its supposed to. I can still log into the satellite directly and see the connected devices. If it wasn't actually working I would've returned this system already, this much money for this system it should work flawlessly. I do not want to call CS by any means, pointless waste of time and most of the time its people that is hard to understand over the phone. I guess Ill just leave it as is since its technically "working"  Thanks for all your suggestions.,

Message 13 of 14
jimbog
Aspirant

I was having the same issue with my RBR750/RBS750.  I logged into my "hidden" satellite, and I manually updated the firmware of just that one satellite.  Somehow, that satellite was on a different firmware version than the other satellite and the router.  (It was actually on 4.8 while the "latest" download was 4.6.)  Once I updated the firmware, the system recognized the satellite, and now I can see both.  I hope this helps.

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7