Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR850 - WiFi Backhaul constantly disconnecting

bmacmillan
Follower

RBR850 - WiFi Backhaul constantly disconnecting

I recently moved my office in my house and am relying on the backhaul connection between the RBR850 and one of it's sattelites to provide ethernet connectivity to my desktop.

I'm having an issue where every once and a while (ranging from 30 seconds to 5min), I'm still able to ping my gateway (across the backhaul) but can't ping google (8.8.8.8 for example).

From another PC wired directly to my internet I don't drop a single packet, only when the ping is sourced across the backhaul.

I'm at a complete loss for what to do, any help would be appriciated.

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Message 2 of 4
Cortez254
Aspirant

@eTenet Portal wrote:

I recently moved my office in my house and am relying on the backhaul connection between the RBR850 and one of it's sattelites to provide ethernet connectivity to my desktop.

I'm having an issue where every once and a while (ranging from 30 seconds to 5min), I'm still able to ping my gateway (across the backhaul) but can't ping google (8.8.8.8 for example).

From another PC wired directly to my internet I don't drop a single packet, only when the ping is sourced across the backhaul.

Switched to AP Mode and running through an Untangle firewall. It gives me much more control and logs everything to a local syslog instance. I'm also out of forced and poorly tested firmware updates.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progess on this? 

@bmacmillan wrote:

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7