Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR850 frequently issuing DNS REFUSED responses

rculpepper
Guide

@Slara- Honestly, if you're still in the return window I would 100% recommend swapping the Orbi for something else. Even if you can get it working, it's not worth the trouble for something so expensive that should just work out of the box. Plus, every new firmware that fixes something tends to break other things.

The only way I've found to make this thing actually reliable is to stick it in access point mode and let something else play router for the network, and that's just not something that should have to be done with premium priced products like this.

Message 101 of 106
FURRYe38
Guru

Well since downgrading isn't support officially by NG, you might take the system back while you have the chance. I guess if your seeing thsi problem and NG is aware of it, would let them resolve it. It was resolved on a beta v3 months back however since v4 arrrived, for unknown reasons, NG doesn't support downgrading back to v3 from v4 even though users have found ways to down grade. Kind of technical for those who can do it. Otherwise, your best to take the system back while you have the chance now and maybe come back here later one and check to see if the problem has been resolved. 

Message 102 of 106
Slara
Aspirant

Yes, I agree. What’s another option similar to Orbi? I have a big lot and need good coverage. I’m done with Netgear. It’s been hell trying to fix this DNS issue and it’s affecting my school.
Message 103 of 106
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?

Message 104 of 106
Slara
Aspirant

My home is only 1700 sq, ft but I have back unit that is about 50 feet away from the main house. Total lot size is 8000 sq ft
Message 105 of 106
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck. 

Message 106 of 106
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7