Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR850 v4.6.7.13 upgrade lost names of connected devices (Orbi AX6000)

sr97355
Tutor

RBR850 v4.6.7.13 upgrade lost names of connected devices (Orbi AX6000)

Upgraded firmware to v4.6.7.13 today.  I noticed that all the device names are missing...replaced by "N/A".  Will the device names eventually come back or do I have to go in and manually set the Device names again?  Is this going to happen each time the firmware is upgraded?

Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR850 v4.6.7.13 upgrade lost names of connected devices (Orbi AX6000)

@sr97355 wrote:

Upgraded firmware to v4.6.7.13 today.  I noticed that all the device names are missing...replaced by "N/A".  Will the device names eventually come back or do I have to go in and manually set the Device names again?  Is this going to happen each time the firmware is upgraded?

Literally "N/A" (not "Unknown")?  And, this is on the router, not the satellite?

or.... is this on the Orbi 'app'?

Message 2 of 5
plemans
Guru

have you tried a reboot? 
Or a factory reset? (shouldn't need one but can sometimes fix errors/be beneficial)

Message 3 of 5
sr97355
Tutor

Thanks for asking if this was on the router or the Orbi app.  After reading your reply, I logged into the router via my laptop and the device names are there.  The Orbi app is on my iPhone 12 Pro Max and is where I see "N/A" instead of the name of the device.  And, the app shows N/A not unknown.  The device names used to show in the app.  In the Orbi app, the device details show the MAC so I can figure out what name to enter for each device--just miffed that I will need to do that.

Message 4 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

I'd give them some time to come back.  The 'app' does Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) calls to the router to retrieve information.

https://www.techtarget.com/searchapparchitecture/definition/SOAP-Simple-Object-Access-Protocol#:~:te... 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7