Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBRE960 Connected Devices Not Showing up in Active Device List

Pardman
Tutor

RBRE960 Connected Devices Not Showing up in Active Device List

I have the following setup

• RBRE960 Router (V6.0.3.85_3.1.15 firmware)
  • Three attached satellites (same firmware version)
  • Number of Attached Devices:  91
  • Access Control = Off

Issue:

-  I am trying to connect an additional computer (Ethernet hardwire to one of the satellite's LAN port).  The computer gets an internet connection as well as an IP address from router, however the device (and its associated IP address) does not show up in the list of attached devices.

-  This is an issue because I need to forward a port to the device, but believe I am not able to do so unless the device is list in the actual attached devices list of the router.

Please advise.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
ekhalil
Master

Re: RBRE960 Connected Devices Not Showing up in Active Device List

Do you see the device in the list of offline devices? If yes then delete the device and refresh the list until you see the device on the online devices.

Message 2 of 4
plemans
Guru

2 things to check. 

1. if you log into the satellite (using its ip address) that its connected to, does it show up under the attached devices list there? 

2. Does it show under the access control panel? (doesn't have to be on)

Message 3 of 4
Mikey94025
Hero

@Pardman wrote:

-  This is an issue because I need to forward a port to the device, but believe I am not able to do so unless the device is list in the actual attached devices list of the router.

Fortunately you can port forward to any IP address.  The device doesn't have to be in the list.  In the Port Forwarding page of orbilogin.com, press "Add Custom Service" and type the internal IP address (instead of using the "Or select from currently attached devices" list shown below the IP address text boxes).

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7