Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBRE960 & RBSE960 firmware update issues

MeshedUp
Tutor

RBRE960 & RBSE960 firmware update issues

My RBRE960 and two RBSE960 satellites are running firmware version 6.0.3.85. Noting that new firmware -- 6.3.7.5 -- has been released for these units, I attempted to upgrade and ran into the following issues.

The Orbi Web console firmware update page displays only the router, and neither of the satellites. The satellites are, however, connected and working. Attempting an Online Update to the router shows the status "Please wait a moment" for so long that the connection times out on every attempt. Shifting to manual update mode, I have downloaded the Zip files for both the router and satellites; however, because the Orbi Web console page shows neither satellite it is impossible to update them (and the Orbi manual advises to update the satellites before the router).  So......

Challenge #1: The Orbi console online update mode never finds the RBRE960 update.

Challenge #2: The Orbi console firmware update page shows neither of the satellites, making it impossible to update them

Any suggestions from those 960 users who have attempted to or successfully applied the new firmware?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
MeshedUp
Tutor

@FURRYe38 

Thanks for the tip. It worked as you described. In order to complete all three updates, I used the Orbi app to find the satellites' IP numbers and logged into each individually. One satellite took the update software on the first pass; the other satellite had to be re-booted before it would accept the new firmware upload.  The RBRE960 manual update worked fine also.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, 

Connect to the RBS web pages using there IP addresses in a web browser and log in and send the RBS FW file using the RBS web page. I did this yesterday. No issues. 

Once ALL RBS FW files are sent, send the RBRs FW file. Once the units are back ONLINE. Power OFF The RBS and RBR for 1 minute then back ON with the RBR first then the RBS. 

Message 2 of 4
MeshedUp
Tutor

@FURRYe38 

Thanks for the tip. It worked as you described. In order to complete all three updates, I used the Orbi app to find the satellites' IP numbers and logged into each individually. One satellite took the update software on the first pass; the other satellite had to be re-booted before it would accept the new firmware upload.  The RBRE960 manual update worked fine also.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7