Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBRE960 loT displaying under Wi-Fi connections

Tajee
Aspirant

RBRE960 loT displaying under Wi-Fi connections

My installer said the the SSID ORBI14-IoT would disappear a few hours after install of the system. It’s been 24hrs and still is listed under my wifi choices. What is this and should it be listed? My main Wi-Fi is ORBI14.
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBRE960 loT displaying under Wi-Fi connections

@Tajee wrote:
My installer said the the SSID ORBI14-IoT would disappear a few hours after install of the system. It’s been 24hrs and still is listed under my wifi choices.

The User Manual on page 64 describes how the Internet of Things (IoT) WiFi SSID can be controlled by the user.

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBKE963/RBRE960_RBSE960_UM_EN.pdf 

Nothing is going to happen "automatically".  You, as the owner, can use the Orbi admin interface to control the router.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
iyang
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @Tajee ,

What's IOT devices do you use ?

Thanks

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

The IoT SSID always broadcast unless it's disabled by you.

@Tajee wrote:
My installer said the the SSID ORBI14-IoT would disappear a few hours after install of the system. It’s been 24hrs and still is listed under my wifi choices. What is this and should it be listed? My main Wi-Fi is ORBI14.

Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

@Tajee wrote:
My installer said the the SSID ORBI14-IoT would disappear a few hours after install of the system. It’s been 24hrs and still is listed under my wifi choices.

The User Manual on page 64 describes how the Internet of Things (IoT) WiFi SSID can be controlled by the user.

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBKE963/RBRE960_RBSE960_UM_EN.pdf 

Nothing is going to happen "automatically".  You, as the owner, can use the Orbi admin interface to control the router.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7