Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBRE960B Satellite quit working

ScottEOsborn
Aspirant

RBRE960B Satellite quit working

One of my satellites has suddenly quit working. Have tried resyncing, rebooting, etc., but nothing works. The light works - It pulses, then goes off, but nothing connected to it has access to my network, much less the internet. The main router and other satellite continues to work fine.   The Orbi app shows the working satellite, but the dead one has a red icon on it.

I've tried the online support mechanism but get an error that says - literally - somethingWentWrong'. For as much as this cost, I expected better support.

Bought this last October, so the hardware warranty is in effect. Help?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Have you tried factory resetting that specific satellite and re-syncing it? 

You can also try hardwiring it into the router for the resync. 

What firmware is on the router and on the satellites?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Have you tried factory resetting that specific satellite and re-syncing it? 

You can also try hardwiring it into the router for the resync. 

What firmware is on the router and on the satellites?

Message 2 of 4
ScottEOsborn
Aspirant

Great suggestions, so I tried it - Factory Reset + moving the satellite closer was the trick. Now the satellite connects to the hub again - THANKS!! Was able to update the firmware on the satellite, now the mesh is all on the same firmware revision.

That being said - I use the ethernet connection from the satellite to connect with my desktop, and am afraid that might be the bit that broke. Though your suggestions got me going again, will need to let it sit for a bit to see if the connection remains stable.

Thanks again!

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7