Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS50 w/wired backhaul to RBR750 will sync but can't access webpage or update firmware to satellite

Pixelfreak
Follower

RBS50 w/wired backhaul to RBR750 will sync but can't access webpage or update firmware to satellite

I have upgraded from an RBR50 system with two satellites (RBS50s) to RBR750 with two satellites (RBS750s).
I wanted to add additional coverage to my home office using the RBS50.
I have a wired backhaul connection between the RBR750 and RBS50.
The devices are all updated to latest firmware.
RBR750 = V4.6.5.14_2.0.54

RBS50 = V2.7.3.22

After a full factory reset (hold pin for 10+ seconds, orange flashing power LED), I have been able to get the RBS50 to sync properly with the RBR750 and all appears well for a while.
Checking the webpage of the RBR750 shows RBS50 sync'd and backhaul status is green "Good".

After about a day or so, I start noticing an extra "Orbi67" wireless network being broadcast (factory default network of RBS50).
Quick check of webpage in RBR750 shows RBS50 "Out of sync".
Factory reset tends to get RBS50 back in "Good" mode.
LAN DHCP server has reserved IP addresses by MAC address for the devices, and assigns as follows:
RBR750 is 192.168.1.1
RBS750s are 192.168.1.2 and .3
RBS50 (problem child) is 192.168.1.4 

I have attempted to update firmware (just to reflash) on RBS50 in two ways, both unsuccessful.
I have attempted due to this weird issue above, as well as the automatic updater in RBR750 gives a "Checking" and then "Downloading Firmware" on only the RBS50, then "Update Failed".  (Again, RBS50 has latest version according to search on Netgear site).  Here is the end result after an attempted automatic update in RBR750.

Model Name Device Name Current Firmware Version Status
RouterRBR750RouterV4.6.5.14No New Firmware Available
SatelliteRBS50OfficeV2.7.3.22Update failed
SatelliteRBS750ParkersRoomV4.6.5.14No New Firmware Available
SatelliteRBS750PlayroomV4.6.5.14No New Firmware Available

Still in the RBR750, I try "Manual Update" tab, select RBS50 satellite checkbox, Update button.
That brings up an authentication window for the RBS50 asking for username and password.

I have used:
admin/password

admin/[blank]

admin/[proper password to enter RBR750]

admin/[proper password for orbilogin.net]

All passwords are rejected and after three tries I am sent to Unauthorized webpage.

I have also attempted to enter the RBS50 by using it's own direct webpage at 192.168.1.4, only to be challenged for authentication and have it all rejected using the above.  (I am able to log in directly to RBR750 at .1, and both RBS750 satellites at .2 and .3).

Summary:

RBS50 allows wired backhaul connection and stays "Good" for 24-48 hours.

RBS50 will often go "out of sync" and default to broadcasting factory default wireless network (Orbi67) with factory provided SSID password (not helpful).

All attempts to get into RBS50 are blocked as the passwords do not work.

I have also attempted to use tftp instructions, but I can't get the satellite to accept the TFTP connection (LED never goes blinking orange during boot and TFTP software never makes a connection and is therefore stuck on "block 0").

How do I get access to the RBS50 so I can force a reflash of the current (latest) firmware?  (when all known passwords don't work)

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBS50 w/wired backhaul to RBR750 will sync but can't access webpage or update firmware to satell

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBS50 w/wired backhaul to RBR750 will sync but can't access webpage or update firmware to satell

Any progess on this? 

FYI:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/New-RBR750-RBS750-Firmware-Version-v...

@Pixelfreak wrote:

I have upgraded from an RBR50 system with two satellites (RBS50s) to RBR750 with two satellites (RBS750s).
I wanted to add additional coverage to my home office using the RBS50.
I have a wired backhaul connection between the RBR750 and RBS50.
The devices are all updated to latest firmware.
RBR750 = V4.6.5.14_2.0.54

RBS50 = V2.7.3.22

After a full factory reset (hold pin for 10+ seconds, orange flashing power LED), I have been able to get the RBS50 to sync properly with the RBR750 and all appears well for a while.
Checking the webpage of the RBR750 shows RBS50 sync'd and backhaul status is green "Good".

After about a day or so, I start noticing an extra "Orbi67" wireless network being broadcast (factory default network of RBS50).
Quick check of webpage in RBR750 shows RBS50 "Out of sync".
Factory reset tends to get RBS50 back in "Good" mode.
LAN DHCP server has reserved IP addresses by MAC address for the devices, and assigns as follows:
RBR750 is 192.168.1.1
RBS750s are 192.168.1.2 and .3
RBS50 (problem child) is 192.168.1.4 

I have attempted to update firmware (just to reflash) on RBS50 in two ways, both unsuccessful.
I have attempted due to this weird issue above, as well as the automatic updater in RBR750 gives a "Checking" and then "Downloading Firmware" on only the RBS50, then "Update Failed".  (Again, RBS50 has latest version according to search on Netgear site).  Here is the end result after an attempted automatic update in RBR750.

Model Name Device Name Current Firmware Version Status
Router RBR750 Router V4.6.5.14 No New Firmware Available
Satellite RBS50 Office V2.7.3.22 Update failed
Satellite RBS750 ParkersRoom V4.6.5.14 No New Firmware Available
Satellite RBS750 Playroom V4.6.5.14 No New Firmware Available

Still in the RBR750, I try "Manual Update" tab, select RBS50 satellite checkbox, Update button.
That brings up an authentication window for the RBS50 asking for username and password.

I have used:
admin/password

admin/[blank]

admin/[proper password to enter RBR750]

admin/[proper password for orbilogin.net]

All passwords are rejected and after three tries I am sent to Unauthorized webpage.

I have also attempted to enter the RBS50 by using it's own direct webpage at 192.168.1.4, only to be challenged for authentication and have it all rejected using the above.  (I am able to log in directly to RBR750 at .1, and both RBS750 satellites at .2 and .3).

Summary:

RBS50 allows wired backhaul connection and stays "Good" for 24-48 hours.

RBS50 will often go "out of sync" and default to broadcasting factory default wireless network (Orbi67) with factory provided SSID password (not helpful).

All attempts to get into RBS50 are blocked as the passwords do not work.

I have also attempted to use tftp instructions, but I can't get the satellite to accept the TFTP connection (LED never goes blinking orange during boot and TFTP software never makes a connection and is therefore stuck on "block 0").

How do I get access to the RBS50 so I can force a reflash of the current (latest) firmware?  (when all known passwords don't work)

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7