Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS750 Orbi Satellite Problems with Backhaul and Lights

DaddyGuy969
Follower

RBS750 Orbi Satellite Problems with Backhaul and Lights

I purchased two RBR750 sytems and pulled the two extra satellites to one system.  So my current system consists of the RBR750, and 4 RBS750s.  One of my Satellittes is does not seem to be working like it used to.  I noticed today that it was offline.  When I first set them all up, they were all connected via a 5.0Ghz backhaul.  I then added an Ethernet backhaul to two of them.  Was working great.  I pulled the non-working satellite up by my RBR.  Tried to do a factory reset on it, but didn't seem to reset anything.  I have reconnected to my RBR, and noticed that it is using a 2.4Ghz backhaul now, not the 5.0Ghz, like the rest of mine are using, and this one is real close to the RBR.  It also doesn't seem to be using the Ethernet when connecting directly to it.

It is connected though, and the light on my Satellite is glowing Blue.  However, the light does not seem to turn off anymore.  I think it is supposed to turn off after 3 minutes of being connected.

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBS750 Orbi Satellite Problems with Backhaul and Lights

Be sure FW is all the same version on RBS as whats loaded on the RBR. 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

Power OFF the working RBS then bring the other non working RBS to same room as the RBR and resync them there. You might "Disconnect" the non working RBS from the RBRs web page first, then resync them one at a time. 

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBS750 Orbi Satellite Problems with Backhaul and Lights

@DaddyGuy969 wrote:

I pulled the non-working satellite up by my RBR.  Tried to do a factory reset on it, but didn't seem to reset anything.  I have reconnected to my RBR, and noticed that it is using a 2.4Ghz backhaul now, not the 5.0Ghz, like the rest of mine are using, and this one is real close to the RBR.  It also doesn't seem to be using the Ethernet when connecting directly to it.

It is connected though, and the light on my Satellite is glowing Blue.  However, the light does not seem to turn off anymore.  I think it is supposed to turn off after 3 minutes of being connected.

A little more description would help me to understand the situation.

The two satellites which originally had 5G backhaul and were changed to wired backhaul continue to be fine.

The third satellite which originally had 5G backhaul and continues to use 5G backhaul is fine.

The fourth (non-working) satellite:

• Has been physically moved (pulled up) to the router. (in the same room)
  • When the satellite was turned on again, what was done to 'reconnect' it to the router? (just power it on and it happened automatically?)
  • The router Attached Devices page shows it connected at 2.4G rather than 5G.
  • When an ethernet cable was connected between the router and satellite, the satellite does not switch to wired backhaul.
  • The ring light continues to glow blue even though more than three minutes have gone by.

If this is correct, then it might be worth starting over:

• Power off the satellite, and when it shows "offline" click on the option to remove it.
  • Use a paperclip to do a Factory Reset on the satellite, being careful to observe the power LED turn amber and then begin to flash.
  • After it restarts, use the "Add Orbi Satellite" menu option and reconnect it to the router (follow the steps).
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7