Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBS750 firmware update issues

jonseff
Tutor

RBS750 firmware update issues

My old Orbi system died and I replaced it with a RBR750 + 2 RBS750 satellites. Had lots of trouble updating firmware and now that I've added a third satellite I'm having the same problems. When I log into the router via a browser, I either get "Update failed" when checking, it gets stucks checking, or it says "No New Firmware Available." I even tried the manual update by downloading the firmware from Netgear and it fails instantly when trying to install. The iOS app simply says there are no updates. Rebooted the whole system and that doesn't work either. This is what I'm currently seeing in the broswer. Any thoughts? [Sigh, inline image doesn't seem to work.]Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 10.45.30 AM.png

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you try to manuall download and manually install v3.2.18.1 on the Sat-3 using its IP address on a web browser? 

What does SAT-2 have loaded on it if you connect to it's web page? 

Message 2 of 7
jonseff
Tutor

How do I get the IP address for the individual satellites?

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Look at the RBRs web page under Conencted devices. IP address will be seen for each RBS here. 

Message 4 of 7
jonseff
Tutor

Thanks, was able to update firmware that way! Also noticed that satellite 2 is listed as "Out of Sync." 

Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Ensure all are on same version of FW. Once updated. Power them OFF, then power ON on at a time and check the status. I would power them ON, check status for the one, after status should appear GOOD. Then power it off then power ON the next RBS and do same to be sure each one gets good status. 

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7