Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS750 will not sync to RBR750

StevenLoewy
Aspirant

RBS750 will not sync to RBR750

I have 2 RBS750 satellites and and they will not sync to my RBR750 router.  Looking at orbilogin, I saw them both and the backhaul status was “out of sync”.  Based on the support forum suggestions, I deleted them both.  I then performed a factory reset on both satellites and tried to sync them but it still does not work.

I noticed that during the syncing processing, the flashing white light on the satellites just goes out while the router continues to flash.  Looking in orbilogin, I no longer see the satellites even if I connect them to the router via ethernet.  

How can I get the satellites back online and synchronized with my RBR750 router?

RBR750 firmware version: V 4.6.5.14_2.0.54

RBS750 firmware version: ???

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBS750 will not sync to RBR750

Possible the RBS got updated to something newer? 

Did you factory reset the RBR AND RBS then setup from scratch? 

Does connecting one of the RBS to the back of the RBR using a LAN cable get the RBS to get a IP address that you maybe able to log into? 

Possible you might try updating to v.5 FW on the RBR and see if the RBS will re-connect:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/New-RBR750-RBS750-Firmware-Version-4...

Message 2 of 4
StevenLoewy
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestions.  I reset the RBSs but not the RBR.  I was hoping I could fix the problem without losing all of my configs in the RBR.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7