Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS760 Light on all the time

dmw15
Tutor

RBS760 Light on all the time

On my RBS760, the blue LED is on all the time.  The connection to that satellite is good.  How can I get that light to turn off? And if there isn't a setting for that, will NetGear please add that option in a firmware update?

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
dmw15
Tutor

Re: RBS760 Light on all the time

Well, like all electronics, I uplugged it for 30 seconds and plugged it back in.  The Blue light was on for a little bit and then went out.  Maybe that's all it needed was to be reset.  I'll keep an eye on it.  It would be nice though if they would allow a setting to disable the light and instead use an app or text notification if there is an issue with the satellite,

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What light are you referring too? Front or back? 

What color are you seeing? 

Front LED behavior is automatic and for normal operation, should be OFF. There is no user settings:

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

https://kb.netgear.com/31030/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Orbi-mean

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

Have you logged into the RBS web page at all with a web browser? 

Message 2 of 6
dmw15
Tutor

The ring light towards the bottom of the satellite. Mine is currently solid blue and on all the time. F/W ver 6.3.2.4. Satellite is hard wired to router.  I have logged in via web browser and app, backhaul status is good.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?

What is the distance between the router and  satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS  to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Is the RBS directly connected to the RBR in back or is there a LAN Patch panel or LAN switch in between?

What CAT# lan cable are you using? CAT6 is recommended. 

Message 4 of 6
dmw15
Tutor

Well, like all electronics, I uplugged it for 30 seconds and plugged it back in.  The Blue light was on for a little bit and then went out.  Maybe that's all it needed was to be reset.  I'll keep an eye on it.  It would be nice though if they would allow a setting to disable the light and instead use an app or text notification if there is an issue with the satellite,

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad that was all. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7