Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBS850 - Out of sync - wired instead of wireless - Continuos blue circle light

Dijkweide
Aspirant

RBS850 - Out of sync - wired instead of wireless - Continuos blue circle light

I am having so many issues with my Orbi Mesh System. The last week I continously see the blue circly light on continously on 1 of the 2 satelites. Sometimes it turns off and then it happens again. It might stay on for hours. I have read many posts about people with same issue and it resolved by resetting the Satelite. I did this and the same happened again. I rebooted the router and the satelite with the satelite a couple of feet from my router RBR850. When it came back online it said "out of sync" on the backhaul. I waited and waited and nothing. I then disconnected the Satelite from power and turned it back on. I get a "wired" backhaul connection in my portal. I have never had the satelites connected by ethernet so no idea why that would show. I disconnected the satelite again. Removed the satelite from the "connected devices" and it synced the satelite again with the router. This worked for a moment showing the satelite is connected on 5G on the backhaul. I then have to disconnect the satelite to move it back to its orginal place and see there is a poor connection on the backhaul. I move both the router and the satelite away from the wall and the connection becomes "good". Seems the range is very poor on these devices as the satelite is literally on the floor right above the router only 12 foot above. That is kinda the reason I bought this system so I can have internet in the whole house and not place the satelites in the same room as the router. I go back to my pc and now see that both satelites show they are connected "wired" on the backhaul.

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBS850 - Out of sync - wired instead of wireless - Continuos blue circle light

Have you factory reset the RBR and powered both RBR and RBS off for 1 hour then back ON and setup the system from scratch with a wired PC and web browser using the setup wizard at 192.168.1.1? Setup the RBS in the same room as the RBR and sync them until the BLUE LED turns ON the the RBS and wait for the front LED to turn OFF. 

Please the RBS at a distance of 30 feet for more. 12 feet is too close to the RBR. 

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 2 of 5
raven_au
Virtuoso

@Dijkweide wrote:

I am having so many issues with my Orbi Mesh System. The last week I continously see the blue circly light on continously on 1 of the 2 satelites. Sometimes it turns off and then it happens again. It might stay on for hours. I have read many posts about people with same issue and it resolved by resetting the Satelite. I did this and the same happened again. I rebooted the router and the satelite with the satelite a couple of feet from my router RBR850. When it came back online it said "out of sync" on the backhaul. I waited and waited and nothing. I then disconnected the Satelite from power and turned it back on. I get a "wired" backhaul connection in my portal. I have never had the satelites connected by ethernet so no idea why that would show. I disconnected the satelite again. Removed the satelite from the "connected devices" and it synced the satelite again with the router. This worked for a moment showing the satelite is connected on 5G on the backhaul. I then have to disconnect the satelite to move it back to its orginal place and see there is a poor connection on the backhaul. I move both the router and the satelite away from the wall and the connection becomes "good". Seems the range is very poor on these devices as the satelite is literally on the floor right above the router only 12 foot above. That is kinda the reason I bought this system so I can have internet in the whole house and not place the satelites in the same room as the router. I go back to my pc and now see that both satelites show they are connected "wired" on the backhaul.

So you place the satellite in the exact position that will have the worst possible WiFi connection strength and your wondering why the signal is poor!

Message 3 of 5
Dijkweide
Aspirant

Hi Furry, thank you for your help. I have factory reset the router a few times already but not after this issue. I ended up drilling a bunch of holes in my house and just wired it. Like I said I bought this system thinking it could pass one floor in my house when placing the satelite right above the router but I was wrong. Also the second satelite now shows poor reception and it is only two rooms away. This system is probably designed for houses in the US made of wood but not for houses with brick and concrete. 

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya brick and concrete will impact wifi signal for any wifi router. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7