Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS850 Satellite keeps flashing from white to blue, solid blue at random

River25
Tutor

RBS850 Satellite keeps flashing from white to blue, solid blue at random

Hello,

I have read countless reddit posts and others about this same issue I'm having but no good answer for a fix, if there is one.  For the last few weeks the RBS850 satellite on the 2nd floor of our home has at random and multiple times a day start flashing white, then blue, to solid blue then back to off (normal mode) and I do not know why.  Eveything in the Orbi app shows green/good connection and also in orbilogin.com.  Have tried to reboot just the satellite and the whole Orbi system including the modem and it does not fix the issue.  This satellite is two floors up from the RBR Orbi router and approx distance of probably 75-100'.  Note the issue started about 2 weeks after having the system.  Router and both satellites are on FW 4.6.3.16  Anyone??

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBS850 Satellite keeps flashing from white to blue, solid blue at random

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
Try moving the RBS closer to the RBR, 75-100 feet maybe to to far in distance, try 50 feet.

https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Message 2 of 4
River25
Tutor

Hello Furry,

Thanks for the reply.  I have my own Netgear modem that I just bought brand new when I bought the Orbi.  It's a Netgear Nighthawk CM1200 multi gig cable modem, CM1200-100NAS.  I have not messed with the channels on the Orbi and are on what ever default is.  We moved the 2nd floor RBS just a tad bit closer last night, not much.  We do have a couple wifi neighbors but was never an issue with old modem/router Knighthawk combo.  I called Netgear last night and confirmed firmware is the latest and women wanted me to "flash firmware."  I know she was only trying to help but was not interested in doing that as everything is on current.  She did say another firmware update should be going live sometime this week.  I tried to get her to send me a replacement satellite but she would not without doing all this stuff and last night was not the night for that.  I have 4 year warranty though Best Buy and if it keeps acting up it's going back.  I didn't pay $1,000 for issues and I'm not trying to trouble shoot their stuff at that cost, it should just work.  Thank you again.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

So again, lets move the RBS closer to the RBR. Distance can be a factor that no FW update will fix. Building materials and such will impact signal travel, connections and coverage. 75-100 feet maybe too far. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7