Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rebooting Daily Orbi

Kanhow12
Initiate

Rebooting Daily Orbi

I have an ORBi RBR750.   Firmware is up to date.   I continually am rebooting it (factory reset) because the parental controls stop working and I am unable to log into my Orbi admin account.  It is getting really frustrating.   Any ideas on what I need to do?  Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Rebooting Daily Orbi

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

What do you mean by rebooting it? Factory reset as it pressing the reset button for 15 seconds then setting up with Orbi app or a wired PC and web browser? 

How many RBS are deployed? 
What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS🛰️ to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Does the system work if you factory reset and setup from scratch with a wired PC and web browser and this time, don't setup SPC, Armor or Traffic Meter? 

Message 2 of 4
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @Kanhow12 ,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

I understand that you are not able to get into your Orbi admin page. Please follow the steps below to access your Orbi admin page:

1. Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to the Orbi network and enter http://orbilogin.com.
    The login window opens.
  2. Click the Cancel button.
    If password recovery is enabled, you are prompted to enter the Orbi serial number located on your Orbi router.
    Note: The serial number is on the Orbi router product label.
  3. Enter the serial number of the router and click the Continue button.
    A window opens requesting the answers to your security questions.
  4. Enter the saved answers to your security questions and click the Continue button.
    A window opens and displays your recovered password.
  5. Click the Login again button.
    A login window opens.
  6. With your recovered password, log in to the router.

If you are unable to recover the password using the method above you will need to factory reset your RBR750. Once you factory reset your Orbi the login credentials will go as follows:

• Username: admin 
  • Password: password

Please navigate to the link below for instructions on how to successfully factory reset your RBR750:

How do I reset my Orbi WiFi System to factory default settings? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@Kanhow12 wrote:

I have an ORBi RBR750.   Firmware is up to date.   I continually am rebooting it (factory reset) because the parental controls stop working and I am unable to log into my Orbi admin account.  It is getting really frustrating.   Any ideas on what I need to do?  Thank you.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7