Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Satellite "Connected" But Not Showing Up

RobMFL
Aspirant

Satellite "Connected" But Not Showing Up

I have the same issue:

RBR750 with two RBS750 Satellites.

Firmware 4.6.5.14

RBR750 recognizes one RBS750 Satellite, but not the other. However, when I power cycle the satellite that is not shown, I get a blue solid connection light on the satellite, and my wired devices connected to the satellite have internet access.

I have factory reset this satellite. It connected to the network no issue, got a blue LED, but app and site still don't show the satellite.

I have connected my laptop to the satellite via ethernet and when I got to orbilogin, I get the UI for the router, not the satellite.

I have turned off the router and THEN tried a direct connection to the satellite via ethernet and orbilogin is not available - no connection found.

I'm out of ideas.

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Satellite "Connected" But Not Showing Up

Are you able to log into each RBS and verify FW version on each RBS? 

RBS FW needs to be same as the RBR. 

Also most current version of FW is v.5:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/New-RBR750-RBS750-Firmware-Version-4...

RBS would need to be updated FIRST, then the RBR lastly. 

Message 2 of 6
RobMFL
Aspirant

The essential problem was that I had no way of finding the IP of the errant satellite. It wasn't on the attached devices list, and when I direct connected to it or connected it via ethernet to the router, it still did not show.

So I had to sleuth it a bit since it WAS connected. Here's what I did: I looked at the IP addresses of the attached devices, including the satellite that was on the list. Looking for the numeric gaps, it took me about 4 tries to find an unlisted IP address that connected me to that satellite. (Strangely enough, it was 2 more than the IP of the other satellite. Go figure.)

And BINGO - there it was. And yes, the "hidden" satellite had a newer version of the firmware (4.6.8.5) than the other satellite and router (4.6.5.14). 

I downgraded the satellite, then had to perform a factory reset and POW, the satellite is back and on the list.

All good. 

It was a journey.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

For future reference, I would update the RBS first the the RBR lastly. 

If your not seeing any problems while on v.14 I guess keep everything at that FW version for now. 

Message 4 of 6
RobMFL
Aspirant

To be clear, only one RBS had upgraded firmware. The other RBS and the RBR were still on the older firmware.

So, I may upgrade them all (starting with the RBSs) sometime, once I'm sure the new version is stable enough.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation