Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Settings

crazymoon67
Aspirant

Settings

I have just setup the ORBI Triband. When I test the system thru the app, I get close to 1000mbps. When I test the speed of the speed of the wifi I only get close to 250 mbps. i watch the youtube videos of setup and I see them getting close to 500 mbps on a speedtest. I have gon in and disabled 20/40. i even tried hardwiring a cable from the router to teh satellite and it was still the same. What am I missing? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
crazymoon67
Aspirant

Re: Settings

Thank you for your help. I ended up calling Tech support on Sunday, spent 1 hour, not resolved, he elevated it. Spoke to tech support on Monday and after everything done he said he exhausted all possibilities and it was defective and told me to send back and get another one. I went to the store today and exchanged it for another, got it setup and guess what, it still didnt work. Same speeds. Called tech support who was unable to help. He told me so much garbage. I asked to speak to a supervisor, he transferred me to customer care. After explaining the situation and how the 3 techs just followed a list, he asked me if I was using a wifi 6 enabled device. I told him what I was using, he said they were not. Luckily my wife has the new Iphone 13 which is wifi 6 and this time I got 750mbps. This guy solved it for me in 30 seconds when 3 techs never asked that simple question. I hope this helps someone else who goes for all the bells and whistles but doesnt have the devices to support them.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
plemans
Guru

1. what orbi version do you have? 

2. what device are you testing on? (a lof o the time, the router isn't the bottelneck)

3. are you testing on 2.4ghz or 5ghz? hitting those speeds on 2.4ghz would be considered amazing. 

Message 2 of 7
crazymoon67
Aspirant

I have the AX4200\RBR750

I  test the speed from my cell phone using speedtest

Im not sure what channel its testing from. Both satellites show 5ghz and the router the same. Though I know it can choose the 2.4

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

What cell phone do you have? 

Some are 1x1 antenna device and others are 2x2. 

Have you tried other devices?

Message 4 of 7
crazymoon67
Aspirant

i had used my Samsung Galaxy A52, but I also used my wifi adapter TP Link 1200 on my computer and was getting around 250 mbps. 

Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

What firmware is on the router? 

What actual tplink 1200 is it (hint 1200 is a speed)?

Are you using access control, traffic monitoring, qos, or parental controls? 

If so, disable them and reboot the router. 

Message 6 of 7
crazymoon67
Aspirant

Thank you for your help. I ended up calling Tech support on Sunday, spent 1 hour, not resolved, he elevated it. Spoke to tech support on Monday and after everything done he said he exhausted all possibilities and it was defective and told me to send back and get another one. I went to the store today and exchanged it for another, got it setup and guess what, it still didnt work. Same speeds. Called tech support who was unable to help. He told me so much garbage. I asked to speak to a supervisor, he transferred me to customer care. After explaining the situation and how the 3 techs just followed a list, he asked me if I was using a wifi 6 enabled device. I told him what I was using, he said they were not. Luckily my wife has the new Iphone 13 which is wifi 6 and this time I got 750mbps. This guy solved it for me in 30 seconds when 3 techs never asked that simple question. I hope this helps someone else who goes for all the bells and whistles but doesnt have the devices to support them.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7