Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Small UI bug in Orbi web interface

donawalt
Virtuoso

Small UI bug in Orbi web interface

When logging on to the Orbi web interface, and when "Remember this password" is checked, it remembers the "User Name" NOT the Password. Unselecting that check box, the User Name has to be re-entered. There does not seem to be any capability to remember the Password. (Macbook Pro running Safari on Catalina v10.15.6).

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Small UI bug in Orbi web interface

Be sure to clear out all browser caches. 

Be sure to remove the PW profile then try to set it up again. 

Try a different browser to compare.

I don't see this on Mojave and Safari.

Message 2 of 4
Mikey94025
Hero

@donawalt wrote:

When logging on to the Orbi web interface, and when "Remember this password" is checked, it remembers the "User Name" NOT the Password. Unselecting that check box, the User Name has to be re-entered. There does not seem to be any capability to remember the Password. (Macbook Pro running Safari on Catalina v10.15.6).

What URL are you referring to? Is it http://orbilogin.com/ (the local admin portal for your Orbi device) or https://accounts.netgear.com/ or something else?

My Orbi admin web interface doesn't offer to remember anything.  It's my Windows Chrome browser doing the login dialog, not Orbi.  Your Mac laptop's browser and password manager may also offer to remember usernames and passwords.  Such features are not controlled by Orbi.

Message 3 of 4
donawalt
Virtuoso

Thanks for the rreply @Mikey94025,! The Safari browser does remember and prompt with passwords filled in, but not for this page - I am referring to orbilogin.com/orbilogin.net in reply to your question. I did try Chrome/Mac and Edge/Windows and both worked fine. It must be some anomaly between Safari/Mac and this site. I did ensure the password is entered into the password list including deleting it and re-entering it, and I cleared cookies and web site data per @FURRYe38 's suggestions. Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7