Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Speeds much lower than expected..

Bergynet
Aspirant

Speeds much lower than expected..

Hello friends. I recently purchased the Orbi AX4200 (Rbk750) from Costco. This is the WiFi 6 orbi router with 2 additional satellites making a 3 piece set.

I’m running a gigabit plan through my service provider (Cox Communications, 1000mbps down, 40mbps up) but I’m getting maybe 200mbps on the satellite that is hard wired to my PC, and around 150mbps on both myself and my girlfriend iPhone 12 pro when standing directly in front of main router.

Living in a 1700 sqft 2 bedroom apartment. The layout is as followed:

Arris Surfboard docsis 3.1 modem (capable of up to 2000mbps) hardwired into router which both live in the living room. 60 feet away is the satellite in the office which is hardwired via a cat 6 Ethernet cable into my PC. And the other satellite 60 ft the opposite direction in our bedroom.

Things I have done:

Cox has had a technician come to my place and confirm advertised speeds are coming directly from modem. Also placed all brand new wiring and splitter.

Exchanged entire orbi system with brand new set up from Costco sealed in box.

Factory Reset orbi.

Flashed new firmware directly onto router from PC.

Attempted to change channels within router settings.

Hours of tech support both chat and phone with net gear support.

All of this to no avail, don’t know what to do. After exchanging 2 systems in a matter of 3 days I have lost confidence in the product and I know it’s not the service provider. Does anyone have a suggestion?
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Speeds much lower than expected..

Please post about this over in the Orbi AX forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

You can find other speed diagnosis steps in the community faq: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/Community-FAQ-My-Orbi-speeds-are-slow-inconsistent-and-don-...

Thank you.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7