Firmware Version: V4.6.9.11_2.3.5

seal: v2.1.5.44-0

seal_services: v2.1.5.14-0

armor-bd: v2.2.100.3

spc-circle: v3.25.0.2

CPU Load: 11.75%

Memory Usage(Used/Total): 426 MB/874 MB

System Uptime: 109 days 02:50:42

This is what I enjoyed for the first year I owned Orbis...setup and forget, just another home appliance. The low CPU load is relevant, as the versions that were constantly rebooting we 20%-30% range. Possibly they had memory leaks in the code...or perhaps it was all the bloatware they added AFTER I bought the Orbis.

I see now that they make a "business" version without the nannyware...I may consider that on next upgrade....but Netgear will not get benefit of doubt, I've spent so much effort and time over past 2 years getting stable internet, I will hold a grudge.

Message 1 of 4
d700
Apprentice

Re: This is what I enjoyed for the first year I owned Orbis

What are the contents of Orbi cfg file? Will it retain custom device names with their MAC addresses?

Message 2 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Orbi config files are not compatible from one model to another. Certainly not across product lines.

If the existing Orbi is replaced with a commercial version, the entire setup must be performed again.

(Not what one might hope for, but c'est la vie.)

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

You shouldn't see any reboots or memory leaks. We  found that email logging helped with some reboots. Memory leaks were addressed by NG. 

Might try updating to more current version unless you want to keep whats working for you. Seen no reboots with my 8 series. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7