Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Unable to login to Orbi satellites & and security is "none"?

dtay
Luminary

Unable to login to Orbi satellites & and security is "none"?

This is a strange one.

Two RBS units, both running the latest firmware, both on wired backhaul to the RBR and operating fine.  Both have DHCP reservations (192.168.1.101 and 192.168.1.102) and are pingable from the network.

Yet I am unable to login to the GUI of one of them (192.168.1.101) with the browser saying "site can't be reached."  The unit is pingable and online, shows it's connected in both the GUI and the app (solid white line from the RBR on the app's network map) and I can view all the details of it.  I just can't access the web interface of it, unless I reboot it and I don't know how long before it loses the web access again.

The second RBS is reachable via the GUI, but here's the strange thing.  Under the 5 GHz band, for security type, it says "None".  Say what?  If I reboot the RBS, then everything is back to normal and it wil say it is WPA2-AES.  Clients are connected finel; just strange that the 5 GHz security portion would say it's "none". 

Anyone seen these anomalies before?  See attached screenshot.

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

I have seen that before as well. I did power OFF the RBS for 30 seconds then back on then it seemed to collect the configuration from the RBR correctly.

RGSStatusPage.png

Message 2 of 7
KMDonlon
Luminary

Why does your firmware version have a "T2" at the end of it?
Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Should have edited that. LOL. working on a NEST issue with NG. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 7
KMDonlon
Luminary

I see, all good! 😀
Message 5 of 7
dtay
Luminary

This morning, I tried logging back on to one the RBS after rebooting and I was able to get in.  But after clicking on the "connected devices" tab, I lost GUI access to the RBS.  The RBS is still pinging and up.

I powered off that RBS and it's been over > 3 mins now yet the RBR status page still says that powered off RBS is still connected???  I know if I reboot the RBR, it will correctly reflect that the RBS is off.

Update: it looks like it takes about 10 minutes (after refreshing several times) before the RBR status page correctly shows that the RBS was disconnected/powered off.

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya it take a while for the RBR status page to update. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7