Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Uverse problem with RBK763S AX5400

Corning57
Aspirant

Uverse problem with RBK763S AX5400

I have now bought two of the above models from Costco.  I thought the first one was defective, but now I have the same problem with the second one.  I have it up and running perfectly wireless.  All ethernet connected items work except the ATT Uverse box. For some reason while watching TV, the picture freezes and it states signal lost.  If I go to another channel, it comes up for 10 seconds, then same thing happens again. I called Uverse they did testing, they sent me a new Modem.  I called Netgear they suggested a bad port. I have no problem with the RBR50 which I wanted to replace to get more distance and speed.  

Is there anyone that can think what is wrong before I return this one.

Running both wireless under same name.  Modem wireless shut off. Orbi is a AP.  I have spent easily 5 hours on the product between ATT and Netgear.   I am back running the RBR50 and not a problem.   What I need is an extention to an outdide wall where my heatpump is for my pool.  It is a concrete wall.  Can I just use and extender with a mesh?

Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Uverse problem with RBK763S AX5400

@Corning57 wrote:

Can I just use an extender with a mesh?

Yes. This is a perfect application for an ordinary WiFi extender:

• There is a device which does not get a strong enough WiFi signal and thus either cannot connect or the connection is erratic.
  • The device does not move.  This means that the major benefit of mesh WiFi systems (the ability to roam) is not required.

The concept is to locate a WiFi extender as close as practical to the device, but where it can maintain a connection to the primary WiFi network.  Rather than rebroadcast the primary WiFi name (SSID), create a different SSID for the extender so that the device will discover the unique name and can be connected to it.

Personally, I have had good luck with the Netgear EX3700 (<$30US on Amazon today).  The Fast Lane technology allows the extender to connect to the primary WiFi on the 5G channel and devices to connect to the extender on a 2.4G channel (which can be different from the Orbi 2.4G channel.

WiFi does not penetrate concrete well.  If the wall is too thick, even a WiFi access point immediately on the other side of the wall may not penetrate a strong signal.  That's when I would get out a drill with a concrete bit and bore through the wall to stick an Ethernet cable through.

Message 2 of 3
Corning57
Aspirant

Re: Uverse problem with RBK763S AX5400

Thank you, did not work, so I kept my older Orbi working better than the new.  Returned to Costco

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7