Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

VPN issue with RBK752 - connected but no access to internet or local server

xx69
Guide

VPN issue with RBK752 - connected but no access to internet or local server

Hi,

I'm not new to orbi. I've been using a RBK23 since 4 years and it works nicely on my setting.
I'm upgraded with an RBK752 to replace the RBK23 (backhaul speed mainly)
I'm from France and My setting is the folling :
- Orbi in router Mode
- Direct access to Fiber to Ethernet bridge (ONT) - Network Orange (ISP)
- Connection using Orange DHCP (specific ISP setting for France) and my Orange ID
- No IPV6 setting (does not work, don't save the ID in Orange DHCP IPV6 menu - don't care)
- Orbi firmware latest : V4.6.7.5_2.1.7
- Factory reset and clean install (Twice)
- DDNS with netgear. up and running.
- Satelite OK, Wifi OK.
- local IP : 192.168.2.0 (gateway 192.168.2.1)

With the previous Kit I use to connect using VPN acces on both my phone (4G connection) and iPad (away from home).
So I enable VPN chose option 'access for internet and local' and import the 4 files for smartphone on my OpenVPN connect.

Connection is OK on both the Ipad and Iphone. I can see the connection in the Orbi Logs and I've got an address like 192.168.254.2 with a gateway 192.168.254.1.
Seems ok even as it's on another subnet du to the TUN VPN setting.

On my computeur I can traceroute to 192.168.254.2 and get an anwser (routing is working).

BUT on both ipad and iphone I can't access internet site and I can't access local IP like 192.168.2.3 (my NAS). It use to work with RBK23 and not with RBK752. Routing is not working on this side of the VPN.

I've alread factory reset twice and I'm a little bit fed up reseting the thing.

Went trying to connect, errors occurs and DNS does not work anymore on the RBR750. Disabling the VPN access restore le DNS.

Have you got an idear ?

Little add on, as my RBK752 is form amazon warehouse I can't register it because it's already register (cas open to customer service) and therefor seams to miss some features (like SPC - no trace of it).

Maxime

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: VPN issue with RBK752 - connected but no access to internet or local server

I would make contact with NG support and let then know what your seeing and what you have done:

https://my.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

Message 2 of 6
xx69
Guide

my ONT is provide by my isp (Orange). It's an SFP version référence FGS202.

as it's SPF it's mounted in TP-Link MC220L witch provide the ethernet connexion to the orbi.

It works well with my RBK23.

Yes the system has been factory reset twice after update et the VPN has been configure just after the internet connexion and the DDNS. 

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

I would make contact with NG support and let then know what your seeing and what you have done:

https://my.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Message 4 of 6
xx69
Guide

will do as soon as my registration si made by customer service (already registered - amazon warehouse). THX

maxime

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation