Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: We are unable to access the RBR750 via web browser or Orbi App

HDTVDinner
Guide

We are unable to access the RBR750 via web browser or Orbi App

Having the same issue and nothing on the network has changed. We are unable to access the RBR750 via web browser or Orbi App which was working fine. It seems that the unit is functioning but there is no way to access it or to know if it has been compromised. Also, Netgear has been less than helpful with acknowledging and solving this.

Message 1 of 13
HDTVDinner
Guide

Re: Orbi not found, admin site not reachable

I am having the exact issues and having to start from scratch without knowing the root cause and proper fix is not okay. Netgear needs to respond to this, properly and quickly.

Message 2 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

NG is aware of this. Seems to be working on a fix currently. 

Was your FW updated that you know of recently? 

Are you try HTTP instead of HTTPS with 192.168.1.1? 

What happens if you power OFF the RBR. Disconnect it from the ISP modem, then back ON and try HTTP and 192.168.1.1? 

Message 3 of 13
HDTVDinner
Guide

Same result with HTTP, HTTPS and IOS app which were previously all working just fine. Have also rebooted ISP Router and Orbi RBR750 a few times without any change.

Message 4 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

You can try a factory reset on the RBR and setup from scratch with HTTP and 192.168.1.1 with the RBR disconnected from the ISP modem and see if the setup page comes up.

Be sure to clear out all browser caches. 

Otherwise, NG is aware of this and if the system is just working for now, leave it and check back maybe sometime later this week. 

Message 5 of 13
HDTVDinner
Guide

Thank you for replying. Modem is Xfinity / Comcast in Bridge Mode which has been and is working properly. Not sure I am willing to do a factory reset as it may result in an even worse situation. Have to say that my "trust" in Netgear to provide quality product with service and support to match is not good at this moment (just sharing).

Message 6 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Understand, not much else we can help with here in the forums. 

You can reach out to NG support:

https://my.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Good Luck. 

Message 7 of 13
HDTVDinner
Guide

Thank you - tried that too.. 

Message 8 of 13
retromad
Star

This is a known issue with the latest firmware.  The "fix" is to do a 30/30/30 hard reset and restore (if you saved it) your configuration.  If you did not save your config you will need to setup the devices from scratch.  Reddit thread https://old.reddit.com/r/orbi/comments/ukmdhw/orbi_providing_wifi_and_connecting_to_internet/

Message 9 of 13
bp88
Tutor

Same issue.  Can't contact NG directly because my support is expired.  Any other ideas?  Really do not want to factory reset and reconfigure, and my backup of the config is from 2020 😞

Message 10 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Some users have already mentioned factory reset helped them gain access. Something to try. 

NG IS aware of this. So try the reset for be patient for NG to come out with a fix. No idea when that will be. 

@bp88 wrote:

Same issue.  Can't contact NG directly because my support is expired.  Any other ideas?  Really do not want to factory reset and reconfigure, and my backup of the config is from 2020 😞

Message 11 of 13
bp88
Tutor

Thanks.  Seems like an issue with NG having pushed out a new firmware update, and its removal of remote access.  I had it turned on, so it should not have been removed according to the release notes, but instead of keeping remote access, it turned into no access.

If anyone has done a factory reset, can you let us know if remote access stays available after the reset with the new firmware?

Message 12 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Remote management I believe was removed a few FW versions back. Has not been seen on new versions of FW and won't be back. I believe NG removed due to security concerns. Any remote access will need to be done thru the Orbi app going forward. So if you were on a version of FW that had it, it will not return with newer versions. Even after a factory reset.

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7