Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

What is the surface material used for RBKE 96x?

sh2sg
Apprentice

What is the surface material used for RBKE 96x?

I am thinking of getting latest Orbi WiFI 6E set RBKE963 or RBKE963B, but I worry about its surface material, if it is same as my current RBK53, it became very sticky and dirty only after 2 years, and worse over the time..

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Mikey94025
Hero

Re: What is the surface material used for RBKE 96x?

@sh2sg wrote:

I am thinking of getting latest Orbi WiFI 6E set RBKE963 or RBKE963B, but I worry about its surface material, if it is same as my current RBK53, it became very sticky and dirty only after 2 years, and worse over the time..

I've owned the AC, AX, and AXE Orbi models and can report that they changed the surface material after the RBK5x series (which had a rubber-like feel).  The AX and AXE models have a regular, smooth plastic surface that doesn't get sticky like the RBR50 and RBS50 units.

Also check out the recent recommendation on how to reduce the RBR50 stickiness.  I tried it and it does make it better: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-RBR50-material-became-sticky/m-p/2184873/highlight/true#M...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Mikey94025
Hero

@sh2sg wrote:

I've owned the AC, AX, and AXE Orbi models and can report that they changed the surface material after the RBK5x series (which had a rubber-like feel).  The AX and AXE models have a regular, smooth plastic surface that doesn't get sticky like the RBR50 and RBS50 units.

Also check out the recent recommendation on how to reduce the RBR50 stickiness.  I tried it and it does make it better: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-RBR50-material-became-sticky/m-p/2184873/highlight/true#M...

Message 2 of 3
sh2sg
Apprentice

Thanks for the quick reply, and confirmation!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7