Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Which MAC address is my router?

donawalt
Virtuoso

Which MAC address is my router?

In the web interface at orbilogin, if I go to Basic/Internet Setup, it shows the router MAC address ending in :8A. Yet, if I go to Advanced/Router Info, it shows a MAC address for the router identical except the last digits are :89. Does the router have two MAC addresses or something? I have not seen this before.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Mikey94025
Hero

Re: Which MAC address is my router?

@donawalt wrote:

In the web interface at orbilogin, if I go to Basic/Internet Setup, it shows the router MAC address ending in :8A. Yet, if I go to Advanced/Router Info, it shows a MAC address for the router identical except the last digits are :89. Does the router have two MAC addresses or something? I have not seen this before.

You are seeing differences in the MAC address for the WAN (to your ISPP) vs. the MAC address for your LAN (within your home network).  Here's another explanation: https://superuser.com/questions/1506247/why-is-my-router-mac-address-off-by-1-digit

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Mikey94025
Hero

@donawalt wrote:

You are seeing differences in the MAC address for the WAN (to your ISPP) vs. the MAC address for your LAN (within your home network).  Here's another explanation: https://superuser.com/questions/1506247/why-is-my-router-mac-address-off-by-1-digit

Message 2 of 4
donawalt
Virtuoso

Of course, thanks! Is the MAC address :8A under Basic/Internet/Router Address the WAN MAC, and Advanced/Router Information :89 the LAN MAC (since it is right above the 192.x.x.x internal IP address)?

Message 3 of 4
Mikey94025
Hero

@donawalt wrote:

Of course, thanks! Is the MAC address :8A under Basic/Internet/Router Address the WAN MAC, and Advanced/Router Information :89 the LAN MAC (since it is right above the 192.x.x.x internal IP address)?

Yes.  You can also see the LAN MAC displayed for your Router's 192.x.x.x internal IP address with "arp -a" (this command also works in Windows cmd.exe).  I use Advanced in orbilogin.cmd, where ROUTER INFORMATION shows all the LAN info and the LAN MAC while  INTERNET PORT shows the WAN info and WAN MAC.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7