Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Which models can handle to handle a 4.5K acre area for both indoor & outdoor?

ant
Prodigy
Prodigy

Which models can handle to handle a 4.5K acre area for both indoor & outdoor?

Will a Netgear Orbi be handle to handle a 4.5K acre area for both indoor (2 floors house) and outdoor (e.g., large backyard that goes down the hill deep from the house)?

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. 🙂

Message 1 of 10
plemans
Guru

Re: Which models can handle to handle a 4.5K acre area for both indoor & outdoor?

Are you planning on adding a bunch of access points around the area? 

If not, then nothing. 

And to clarify, you have 4500 acre area? (4.5K area)

Message 2 of 10
ant
Prodigy
Prodigy

4500 acres. So, Orbi can't do it with its multiple satellites?

Message 3 of 10
z8
Guide
Guide

4500 acres is a 3 mile x 3 mile square.

I'm not sure a residential mesh network is really what you need to be looking at for that kind of area.

Message 4 of 10
plemans
Guru

4500 acres= 196 million square feet. 

Even a pro system with just a router/satellite pair covers 6000 sqft. 

Each add on satellite covers another 3000sqft. 

Not going to happen. Thats what cellular coverage is for. 

Message 5 of 10
ant
Prodigy
Prodigy

Oops. I meant to say 4,500 sq. ft.

Message 6 of 10
plemans
Guru

the orbi setup should be able to cover 4500sq ft and you could add satellites as needed for move coverage. the outdoor gets trickier.

Message 7 of 10
FarmerBob1
Luminary

I got a firmware update that borked my Sats and tried the RBR850 Solo and it's covering 5000+sf nicely. I have troublesome devices that are are outside on the grounds and they are the first to jump on.

Message 8 of 10
DodgeDeBoulet
Apprentice

My RBKE963 covers my 4,000sf house over 3 floors with an excellent signal, and the signal level remains quite good for at least a 200ft distance radially around the house.

We have a detached garage with an apartment above it at the back of the property, roughly 250ft from the house. I get a decent signal in the apartment, although it's significantly slower than at the main house (30-50Mb/s vs. +300mb/s).

Message 9 of 10
DodgeDeBoulet
Apprentice

I should also mention that I live in an area where the average house lot size is 3 acres. Mine happens to be close to 7 acres and I'm shielded from my neighbors by woods on all sides. There's not a lot of EMF interference, and that may give me an advantage for signal quality at a distance.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7