Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Why Does Orbi RBK853 Have "No connected device found" after latest update

Aerfally
Aspirant

Why Does Orbi RBK853 Have "No connected device found" after latest update

Bought the RBK853 system (RBR850 + 2 associated satellites). Paid $999 for it. You'd think it would work super well. No. Since the latest update, internet works but neither the Orbi app nor the web-based browser management tool can see individual connected devices. The satellites show up, the total device count shows up (78), but the individual devices do not. 

Here is the kicker - the individual devices show up for the first 1-2 days after restarting and/or resetting the system (I've done this 4 times now), then they disappear. The satellites have wired backhaul but the same issue arises if I run them wirelessly. 

Netgear, Orbi, what the actual f? Starting to get really tired of this. 

Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

How was the system updated? Thru Orbi app or using the RBS and RBR web pages? 

What browser are you using? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

What is the Mfr and model# of the ethernet switch in the configuration when ethernet connected?

I haven't seen this with my 8 series on newest version of FW. 

Message 2 of 9
Aerfally
Aspirant

Literally no issue until the latest update. Cmon.
Message 3 of 9
Aerfally
Aspirant

Updated through Orbi App. 

Tried both Edge and Chrome. CNRTL-F5, etc. Cleared everything. Restarted. 

Also restarted the system multiple times. The connected devices show up for the first 1-2 days then disappear. 

Ethernet cables are rock solid. CAT6.

3k sq ft home

No ethernet switch

Again, the system worked fine for 2 years. Now neither the app nor the browser tool work. It's inexcusable for a system that costs $1k to have these problems.

Message 4 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

I would reload FW using MS Edge on the RBS web page then the RBRs web page using a wired PC. Orbi app has been known to not work right for FW updates. I personally never use Orib app for FW updates unless NG asks me to. After all is updated, power OFF the system for one minute then back ON. 

For that size of home, having two RBS deployed maybe too much. I have a 5000 sq ft home and most of the time use 1 RBS. If i have two deployed, the I reduce the power to 50%. Have see no issues like this with mine.

For 3000 sq ft, if you need both deployed I would try 1 RBS or reduce the power to 25% if you really need two RBS deployed. 

Or revert back to the version of FW that was working for you. 

Message 5 of 9
Aerfally
Aspirant

Manually uploaded the previous firmware to the satellites. The router for some reason refuses to go back and is still running on the newest release. 

So far all the attached devices show up again - will update in a couple of days if this changes. 

Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

What version of FW are you now using on the RBS? 

Message 7 of 9
Aerfally
Aspirant

v4.6.8.5

Message 8 of 9
Aerfally
Aspirant

The idiotic Orbi system keeps automatically updating the firmware from v4.6.8.5 to the newest one. Right after the update everything works but a few days later all my attached devices disappear from both the iPhone app and the web control panel. Yet the summary page in the web control panel shows the number of devices connected. 

How. Is Orbi. This bad at software?

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7