Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Why do I have to reboot my RBR750 after reserving an IP address for my devices?

onlize
Aspirant

Why do I have to reboot my RBR750 after reserving an IP address for my devices?

I tried different devices multiple times, and I have the same issue. I connect my devices using DHCP. After that, I want to reserve an IP address for some of my devices. After I set up a reservation, even after a day or two, it would not change the IP address on any of my devices. I rebooted the devices, and it did not do it. The only way to change the IP address I found is to reboot my router. I think this is a bad solution and I hope that there is a better solution for this.

Is there?
Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Why do I have to reboot my RBR750 after reserving an IP address for my devices?

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

After you set the IP address reservations and add the devices for reservations, you should select the APPLY button at the top, then the RBR should so a soft reboot. At this point you should also power cycle or reboot the devices you input in to the RBR for reservations. Your devices should not pick up the new IP addresses you set for them. 

Message 2 of 3
onlize
Aspirant

Re: Why do I have to reboot my RBR750 after reserving an IP address for my devices?

Thank you for your reply.

I use NETGEAR Cable Modem CM1000.

I clicked on Apply button, or it would not work after reboot. It only picks up the new IP address after I reboot my Orbi device.

What do you mean by "Your devices should not pick up the new IP addresses you set for them."? Did you mean to say that the device "should pick" up and not "should not pick up"?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7