Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

disable 5ghz Netgear nighthawk mesh mr60 mk63

RussellRoman
Tutor

disable 5ghz Netgear nighthawk mesh mr60 mk63

hi,

i have several iDevice switches that only work on 2.4ghz and they are not connecting to my new router.  is there a way to disable the 5ghz to connect them?

thanks

Message 1 of 4
Mikey94025
Hero

Re: disable 5ghz Netgear nighthawk mesh mr60 mk63

@RussellRoman wrote:

hi,

i have several iDevice switches that only work on 2.4ghz and they are not connecting to my new router.  is there a way to disable the 5ghz to connect them?

thanks

There is no way to disable the 5Ghz network on the Orbi AX system.  Are you sure the problem is your 5Ghz network?  Your device cannot see that network so it is strange that it would cause problems (unless the app software is confused by it).

I have some iDevices switches and I am able to add them to my Homekit Home with my RBR850's 2.4Ghz network.  Try (in order):

1. At http://orbilogin.com/, in Advanced... Setup... Wireless Network uncheck AX mode for 2.4Ghz.
  2. In Advanced... Advanced... Wireless Settings change CTS/RTS Threshold to 2347 for both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz.
  3. In Advanced... Advanced... Wireless Settings temporarily reduce 5Ghz transmit power control to 25%, try to setup your iDevices switch far away and at the limit of 2.4Ghz, then restore 5Ghz power to 100%.

One more thing, in case this is the problem you're seeing: When I do add a new iDevices switch in the iPhone app it seems to hang the first time (at Connecting...).  I pressed the Back button and then it proceeds (at Connecting Device XXXYYY...).

Message 2 of 4
RussellRoman
Tutor

i downloaded the Orbi app (i have the netgear Nighthawk) it said that the router is not supported. thanks for trying.  if there is a way to force my router to add it please someone let me know.

thanks

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

So do you have the Orbi AX system or a NH Mesh system? If you have the NG mesh system, I believe there is a different forum for that system.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7