Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ipV6 disconnecting on Orbi RBR850

CrimpOn
Guru

@cdysthe wrote:
So reset and restore settings is just as good as reset and enter settings manually?

No. They are different. The saved configuration MAY not copy "garbage that has collected" in memory.  In that case, the reset clears the garbage and reinstalling the configuration is great.  On the other hand, if the actual saved config file is corrupted, restoring it will restore the garbage.  I prefer to spend 10 minutes taking a chance on restoration before committing to two hours of manual data entry.

Message 126 of 130
FURRYe38
Guru

Just checking to see if this is still a problem for you or not in new v7 released FW? 

@cdysthe wrote:

I have very good news! I installed the FW update V4.6.14.3. I factory reset and set it up again. IPv6 dropped after an hour. I set it to DHCP and got another IP and it has stayed stable for more than a week now. So maybe the FW update did solve this problem. I have not had IPv6 connections for more than a year so I am hoping this fixed it.

I wish I knew in more detail what Netgear did in the latest FW upgrade. The changelog is not very detailed. 

Anyway, very good news, at least for me! 🙂

Message 127 of 130
donawalt
Virtuoso

Wow I am jealous @cdysthe lol! Mine still breaks, after:

-factory rest of RBRs and RBSs

-making all settings default

-sending logs

and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember now lol.

Message 128 of 130
FURRYe38
Guru

Checking to see if @cdysthe is still working since I think he updated to v7 FW. 

Message 129 of 130
FURRYe38
Guru

Any updates on this? 

Message 130 of 130
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 129 replies
  • 16 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements