Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

orbi rbk753s auto firmware update v3.2.16.6

orbifill
Aspirant

orbi rbk753s auto firmware update v3.2.16.6

Recieved firmware update v 3.2.16.6 several days ago.  As I look at the nomenclatures for firmware updates they indicate a different number v 3.2.15.32 HOT FIX for the RBK753S while the v 3.2.16.6 is for RBK753.

Which one is correct since my system is no modem (optical) direct cat5 cable,  Orbi RBK753S (RBR750, RBS750, RBS750).

The reason I am asking is the update took the orbi system down and it had to be reinstalled.  the update seemed to be kept, but had to put all settings back in.  I would like to not have to go through that process again.

thank you for any help or suggestions.

PS is there a way to shut off automatic updates?

Regards

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: orbi rbk753s auto firmware update v3.2.16.6

All models have the same FW version. 

Sometimes a reset and setup from scratch is needed after a FW update if problems are experienced..

No. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

All models have the same FW version. 

Sometimes a reset and setup from scratch is needed after a FW update if problems are experienced..

No. 

Message 2 of 6
orbifill
Aspirant

thanks furrye38
Even though accepting as solution now, would still like to be able to turn off auto updates so it doesn't bring system down at a crucial time of use in today's work from home environment. Thanks again for response.
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

You and everyone else who owns Orbi since the beginning. NG doesn't seem to want to provide that feature. Most of the time FW updates are notifications about minor updates which are user allowed updates so you have a choice here. Any Major version updates NG likes to be able to push these. 

Good Luck.

Message 4 of 6
orbifill
Aspirant

Thank again for your help and expertise.
Orbiphil out.
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation