Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

orbi753 and zmodo security cameras

fdelmo10
Tutor

orbi753 and zmodo security cameras

My security  camera's don't seem to work well with my new orbi 753 system. They constantly drop or lag. I had no problem with these cameras when I was using my nighthawk 7000.  using 2.4 ssid. I assume it has to do with 1 combined ssid. What are my options ? Are there setting I can use to get the camera's to work as the did with my nighthawk ? Are there other camera's that work better with my orbi that I should look at ?

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: orbi753 and zmodo security cameras

Please post about this over in the Orbi AX Forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Good Luck. 

Message 2 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

@fdelmo10 wrote:

My security  camera's don't seem to work well with my new orbi 753 system. They constantly drop or lag. I had no problem with these cameras when I was using my nighthawk 7000.  using 2.4 ssid. I assume it has to do with 1 combined ssid. What are my options ? Are there setting I can use to get the camera's to work as the did with my nighthawk ? Are there other camera's that work better with my orbi that I should look at ?

@FURRYe38is correct that Netgear customers who own the new "AX" products tend to participate in the forum that was created for them.

If the cameras connect, then the problem has nothing to do with "1 combined SSID".  If this is the camera:

https://www.zmodo.com/1080p-outdoor-wifi-camera/  the specifications are clear that it has only a 2.4G WiFi radio.  It cannot possibly detect the Orbi 5G signal.

While waiting for someone to respond after you post in the AX forum, you might want to check two things:

• Which Orbi unit are the cameras and smartphone connected to?
  • The Orbi router probably replaced the R7000.  Where was the Orbi satellite placed in relation to the cameras?
  • Is the streaming problem when the smartphone app is connected over WiFi or through the LTE connection?
Message 3 of 4
Mikey94025
Hero

@fdelmo10 wrote:

What type of cameras are you using?  My Arlo and Nest cameras do not experience any problems with my RBR850, but any 2.4Ghz camera should work just fine with your new Orbi.

What settings, if any, have you changed from the Orbi defaults other than WiFi channel/security?  Try going to the orbilogin.com admin website and in the Advanced tab, Advanced...Wireless Settings set CTS/RTS Threshold to 2347 for both bands.  I find that this improves compatibility with older devices.

If that doesn't improve things, in the Advanced tab and Setup...Wireless Setup try unchecking Enable AX for 2.4Ghz only.  It's unfortunate if you have to disable AX for your fancy new AX router, but your devices that support AX will anyway mostly likely be modern ones connected by 5Ghz (like iPhone 11+).

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7