Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 2 Days of trying to connect Orbi - no luck.

khawe
Tutor

2 Days of trying to connect Orbi - no luck.

Tried Netgear support - no answers. I have been trying for 2 days to get my Orbi to work. I use the app and it says it cant connect to my wifi network - i go through all the trouble shooting - nothing. Power cycle, nothing. New System setup. Nothing. 

Any guidance on what to do or where to go before I return this? 

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 30
FURRYe38
Guru

What model Orbi do you have?

Try using a wired PC or laptop connected to the router unit  and web browser to access orbilogin.com.

Message 2 of 30
khawe
Tutor

When I goto OrbiLogin.com I get this message: 

Looks like you’re not connected to your Orbi’s WiFi network. Don’t worry, it happens to the best of us. Try the following steps to get connected: I try all of those steps and nothing works When I goto the App it says it cant join my network - there is no Orbi network to join. So, there is wifi even when the Orbi is connected but its not connecting to the orbi

Message 3 of 30
FURRYe38
Guru

You need to be wired to the RBR with a PC or laptop. Not connected wirelessly. 

What model Orbi do you have?

Try a factory reset on the router unit. Press the reset button for 15 seconds then release. Wait for the top ring LED to pulsate WHITE. The try to connect to 192.168.1.1 or .0.1. Go to the bottom of the page and select manual setup. 

Message 4 of 30
vajim
Master

@khawe wrote:

When I goto OrbiLogin.com I get this message: 

Looks like you’re not connected to your Orbi’s WiFi network. Don’t worry, it happens to the best of us. Try the following steps to get connected: I try all of those steps and nothing works When I goto the App it says it cant join my network - there is no Orbi network to join. So, there is wifi even when the Orbi is connected but its not connecting to the orbi

Cable Modem Router + Orbi = bad

how do you have this configured?  

Message 5 of 30
khawe
Tutor

I honestly dont know - I just plugged in the ethernet from teh orbi to the router. Is there a setting or configuration I should avoid? 

Message 6 of 30
vajim
Master

@khawe wrote:

I honestly dont know - I just plugged in the ethernet from teh orbi to the router. Is there a setting or configuration I should avoid? 

https://kb.netgear.com/30187/How-to-fix-issues-with-Double-NAT

Message 7 of 30
Ha_Ku_Na
Luminary

@khawe wrote:

Tried Netgear support - no answers. I have been trying for 2 days to get my Orbi to work. I use the app and it says it cant connect to my wifi network - i go through all the trouble shooting - nothing. Power cycle, nothing. New System setup. Nothing. 

Follow the setup guide:

https://kb.netgear.com/31017/How-do-I-set-up-my-Orbi-router-and-satellite

You have not mentioned what exactly is not working.

Message 8 of 30
vajim
Master

@Ha_Ku_Na wrote:

@khawe wrote:

Follow the setup guide:

he/she has a modem/router combo I believe....

Message 9 of 30
Ha_Ku_Na
Luminary

@vajim wrote:

@Ha_Ku_Na wrote:

@khawe wrote:

Follow the setup guide:

he/she has a modem/router combo I believe....

Double-NAT is in most cases not an issue. Most routers offer a way to set "static routes".

But this requires a configuration on the "other" (non ORBI) router.

Message 10 of 30
vajim
Master

@Ha_Ku_Na wrote:

Double-NAT is in most cases not an issue. Most routers offer a way to set "static routes".

WRONG....this forum is filled with 100's and 100's of folks buying modem/router combos or trying to run a 2nd router with the Orbi.  They have no idea how to hook it all up and and end up in here asking the same questions.  

Message 11 of 30
Ha_Ku_Na
Luminary

@vajim wrote:

@Ha_Ku_Na wrote:

WRONG....this forum is filled with 100's and 100's of folks buying modem/router combos or trying to run a 2nd router with the Orbi.  They have no idea how to hook it all up and and end up in here asking the same questions.  

You are wrong, as I wrote, most actual routers offer a way to set static routes. With this way, you can use the ORBI behind another router in router mode and use all features the ORBI offers. I have two routers and configured the ISP provided router with a static route to the ORBI. 

ISP -> ISP Router -> ORBI -> wired device 0

-> WIFI devices 1-n

-> switch 1 -> wired device1

-> wired device2

-> switch 2 -> wired device3

I also have several switches in different floors of my building.

All devices are connected either wired to one of the switches or via WIFI via the ORBI WIFI network.

You see, practical experience, not just "reading" 😉

Message 12 of 30
vajim
Master

@Ha_Ku_Na wrote:

@vajim wrote:

@Ha_Ku_Na wrote:

You are wrong, as I wrote, most actual routers offer a way to set static routes. With this way, you can use the ORBI behind another router in router mode and use all features the ORBI offers. I have two routers and configured the ISP provided router with a static route to the ORBI. 

ISP -> ISP Router -> ORBI -> all devices are connected to the ORBI either wired or wireless

I also have several switches in different floors of my building.

All devices are connected either wired to one of the switches or via WIFI via the ORBI WIFI network.

You see, practical experience, not just "reading" 😉

WRONG again.....welll I suggest you go public and explain all of this great wisdom you have.  Just because you know how to deal with double NAT settings  doesn't do a thing for the multitudes coming in here and asking how to fix it.  Do yourself a favor a perform a simple search and while you're at it go ask your buddy @FURRYe38 for he keeps the double NAT response in his quick copy/paste file.  

From reading your last incorrect post here, you make it sound there are NO postings in this forum from people with double NAT issues.  Do you feel OK..??

Message 13 of 30
Ha_Ku_Na
Luminary

@vajim wrote:

WRONG again.....welll I suggest you go public and explain all of this great wisdom you have.  Just because you know how to deal with double NAT settings  doesn't do a thing for the multitudes coming in here and asking how to fix it.  Do yourself a favor a perform a simple search and while you're at it go ask your buddy @FURRYe38 for he keeps the double NAT response in his quick copy/paste file.  

From reading your last incorrect post here, you make it sound there are NO postings in this forum from people with double NAT issues.  Do you feel OK..??

No wonder if the forum is spammed with all your wrong assumptions.

I know my setup and I know what is working because I've tried it.

You just spend your time here to spread your "reading" experience.

I just feel sorry for the users who ask for help and get confused by your posts.

Conclusion: you are a noob and you are destroying the meaning of the user community with your weird posts

Message 14 of 30
Ha_Ku_Na
Luminary

I'm willing to help @khawe, but only if @vajim will no longer post in this thread.

Message 15 of 30
vajim
Master

@Ha_Ku_Na wrote:

@vajim wrote:

No wonder if the forum is spammed with all your wrong assumptions.

I know my setup and I know what is working because I've tried it.

You just spend your time here to spread your "reading" experience.

I just feel sorry for the users who ask for help and get confused by your posts.

Conclusion: you are a noob and you are destroying the meaning of the user community with your weird posts

WRONG again....now just go away and we'll send all the double NAT problem cases to you.  I tried to be civil with you and I guess it didn't work.  IF you'll read this (for example) this is a person who needs help with a double NAT situation.  So what do you do but tell the world there is no such problem.  How does making a statment like "I know my setup and I know what is working because I've tried it."...help anybody??  It doesn't.  You have to put yourself in their shoes and understand what they're going through.  It's all about their problem NOT your knowledge.

Message 16 of 30
vajim
Master

@Ha_Ku_Na wrote:

I'm willing to help @khawe, but only if @vajim will no longer post in this thread.

Have at it.   But you don't own the thread so therefore I will post where ever I want.  

Message 17 of 30
FURRYe38
Guru

I use double nat too sometimes. Had my Orbi RBR behind a NON NG router. Works well with DMZ. Though I don't recommend this for everyone. 

The user has been set on a path to correct there problem. I'm sure they will respond back here when they get progress. 

Message 18 of 30
schumaku
Guru

@khawe wrote:

I honestly dont know - I just plugged in the ethernet from teh orbi to the router. 

The CBR40 has a built-in cable modem, the Internet access is done over the TV antenna cable - not any other router.

Please consult the Cable Orbi Model CBR40 Quick Start Guide - and follow each step exactly, Use a mobile and/or a wired PC to connect to the CBR. 

Ensure the activation of your new Cable Modem with your cable ISP is done before continuing .... as shown on the QSG above.

Message 19 of 30
vajim
Master

@FURRYe38 wrote:

I use double nat too sometimes. Had my Orbi RBR behind a NON NG router. Works well with DMZ. Though I don't recommend this for everyone. 

The user has been set on a path to correct there problem. I'm sure they will respond back here when they get progress. 

Thank you for a level headed and honest response.

Message 20 of 30
BoilerPlate
Apprentice

Vajim's lack of knowledge and experience, your mileage may vary. >vajim. User beware. Smiley Sad

Sad that he has to spread false and inaccurate information and badger and troll others that are just providing help to others. Must have a sad life. 
Smiley Sad

Message 21 of 30
vajim
Master

@BoilerPlate wrote:

Vajim's lack of knowledge and experience, your mileage may vary. >vajim. User beware. Smiley Sad

Sad that he has to spread false and inaccurate information and badger and troll others that are just providing help to others. Must have a sad life. 
Smiley Sad

@Christian_R 

Please stop these personal  attacks.  @BoilerPlate should be banned

Message 22 of 30
BoilerPlate
Apprentice

Stop playing the victim. You instigate ALL of this. Your the one who should be banned. 

Please NG, BAN vajim. PERMANENTLY. There are others in the forums trying to help users out. vajim does NOTHING to help anyone!!!

Message 23 of 30
vajim
Master

@BoilerPlate wrote:

Stop playing the victim. You instigate ALL of this. Your the one who should be banned. 

Please NG, BAN vajim. PERMANENTLY. There are others in the forums trying to help users out. vajim does NOTHING to help anyone!!!

And what are you doing?  Why are you posting here other than to try and beat me up.  What's your purpose?

Now go away and behave yourself.

@Christian_R 

Message 24 of 30
FURRYe38
Guru

The user doesn't have a CBK system. There using Arris BGW gateway. They just picked the forum tag by mistake is all. They are working to configure AP Mode on there RBK20 series system. 

@schumaku wrote:

@khawe wrote:

I honestly dont know - I just plugged in the ethernet from teh orbi to the router. 

The CBR40 has a built-in cable modem, the Internet access is done over the TV antenna cable - not any other router.

Please consult the Cable Orbi Model CBR40 Quick Start Guide - and follow each step exactly, Use a mobile and/or a wired PC to connect to the CBR. 

Ensure the activation of your new Cable Modem with your cable ISP is done before continuing .... as shown on the QSG above.

Message 25 of 30
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 29 replies
  • 10 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7