Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

2 router failure at same time

Hitman116
Aspirant

2 router failure at same time

Has anyone experienced 2 Orbi routers failing at the same time. Net gear modem works when connected directly to computer but both routers fail when connected to modem. They both show a solid purple and with no internet.
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: 2 router failure at same time

@Hitman116 wrote:
Has anyone experienced 2 Orbi routers failing at the same time. Net gear modem works when connected directly to computer but both routers fail when connected to modem. They both show a solid purple and with no internet.

Can we back up a bit?

What is the sequence of events here?

I assume that there was one Orbi router connected to the modem and it failed?

(there were not two routers connected at the same time).

After the failure, a second Orbi router was connected and it never got connected?

After that failure, a computer was connected directly to the modem, and it does connect?

Was the modem reset (power cycle) between each attempt?

Message 2 of 4
Hitman116
Aspirant

I have a Netgear modem connected directly to and Orbi router (Router 1).  From there I have a Netgear Ethernet switch which then is connected to another Orbi Router (Router 2).  Router 1 has a satellite connected to it.  On 12/17 both routers turned solid purple.  I factory rest both routers, also took it down to a single router.  All the same - solid purple.  

My guess was more to the group if they experienced anything similar in around the same time.  With the massive hacking going on, the timing is interesting.  It could also be that I just happened to have all my equipment flake out at the exact same time.

Note:  This set up worked for a year with little to no issue.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the distance between the router(s)?

@Hitman116 wrote:

I have a Netgear modem connected directly to and Orbi router (Router 1).  From there I have a Netgear Ethernet switch which then is connected to another Orbi Router (Router 2).  Router 1 has a satellite connected to it.  On 12/17 both routers turned solid purple.  I factory rest both routers, also took it down to a single router.  All the same - solid purple.  

My guess was more to the group if they experienced anything similar in around the same time.  With the massive hacking going on, the timing is interesting.  It could also be that I just happened to have all my equipment flake out at the exact same time.

Note:  This set up worked for a year with little to no issue.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7