Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 400 Bad Request RBR50

tx_polkhead
Initiate

400 Bad Request RBR50

I am using an RBR50 and an RBS50 (connected with wired backhaul) firmware is V2.7.2.104 on both devices. My ISP is Spectrum, I pay for a 200/20 connection that is consistently connected at 234/23. Modem is a TP Link TC-7620 which is DOCSIS 3.0.

I have beenusing these Orbis for over a year without issues. Set up was easy enough and it has delivered good if not great speed and connectivity throughout our home.

In Advanced > Security > Access Control > I get “400 Bad Request This server does not support the operation by your client.”

In Advanced > Administration > Attached Devices > I get “400 Bad Request This server does not support the operation by your client.”

I typically use Chrome but have also tried MS Edge and Firefox with the same results. Any ideas why I can’t access attached devices or access control?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
tx_polkhead
Initiate

i waited a few days for some response but none came, i did a hard reset and things work now.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 12

All Replies
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @tx_polkhead

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Let me check this with the team and will report back with an update as soon as possible.

Please check your inbox. I have sent you a message requesting for more information.

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 12
tx_polkhead
Initiate

i waited a few days for some response but none came, i did a hard reset and things work now.

Message 3 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to make a backup configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed. 
Enjoy. 

Message 4 of 12
Lexx
Tutor

It's not really solved, however.  Requiring a factory reset to fix an inability to update setting or firmware because of a sloppy Netgear implementation is not a solution.  Netgear, step up.

I have this issue as well.  Occurs with every browser on multiple devices including mobile browsers that never accessed the RBR50 web interface before.  So it's not a cache, cookie, or stuck session problem as many other threads tried to theorize.  Occur on multiple RBR50 firmware versions, at least 2.6.1.40 and up.  It's clear from the forum this issue has existed for at least 2 years worth of firmware versions.

I am not going back to factory settings, it's way too much work in my setup.  If I have to do that, I am dumping Orbi and starting over with either ZenWifi or Ubiquity -- that will be the same amount of work and don't have to deal with Netgear neglect afterwards.  Again, Netgear, step the f&*$ up.

P.S. The reason I need to touch the setup at all is becuase 2.7.2.104 broke RBR50 basic device "home" and "attached devices" view.  The page just spins forever (tested over hours) and the app, while "works", is highly inaccurate relative to reality.  The "spin forever" may well be a related issue to this 400 Bad Request.  Netgear, STEP THE F&*$ UP.

Message 5 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Sometimes a reset is needed. It's a valid troubleshooting step of all other troubleshotting steps have been exhausted. 

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/faq-nvram-and-factory-default-reset.22822/

Also users need to remember and keep on hand backup configuration files. Saves loads of time if a reset is needed. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

And please don't use foul language. Tends to get one banned. We all understand everyones frustrations when it comes to there networking problems. 

@Lexx wrote:

It's not really solved, however.  Requiring a factory reset to fix an inability to update setting or firmware because of a sloppy Netgear implementation is not a solution.  Netgear, step up.

I have this issue as well.  Occurs with every browser on multiple devices including mobile browsers that never accessed the RBR50 web interface before.  So it's not a cache, cookie, or stuck session problem as many other threads tried to theorize.  Occur on multiple RBR50 firmware versions, at least 2.6.1.40 and up.  It's clear from the forum this issue has existed for at least 2 years worth of firmware versions.

I am not going back to factory settings, it's way too much work in my setup.  If I have to do that, I am dumping Orbi and starting over with either ZenWifi or Ubiquity -- that will be the same amount of work and don't have to deal with Netgear neglect afterwards.  Again, Netgear, step the f&*$ up.

P.S. The reason I need to touch the setup at all is becuase 2.7.2.104 broke RBR50 basic device "home" and "attached devices" view.  The page just spins forever (tested over hours) and the app, while "works", is highly inaccurate relative to reality.  The "spin forever" may well be a related issue to this 400 Bad Request.  Netgear, STEP THE F&*$ UP.

Message 6 of 12
Lexx
Tutor

(Hint at) foul language is perhaps the only way to get noticed.  And it's not like getting banned is going to have any further detrimental effect on my system's stability or ability to get anything solved on this forum or with Netgear in general.  Usual fanboi comments notwithstanding, this isn't a "networking problem", this (and almost every other issue ever reported and unsolved on this forum) is a Netgear software competence and quality problem.

Message 7 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

FYI, NG development doesn't monitor these forums. And with all the posts thats generated, would be hard to keep tabs no everything. Users have the option to contact support directly which is encouraged aswell as contact NG forum moderators too. Let them know directly vs indirectly. Forums can only do so much. 

Good Luck. 

Message 8 of 12
Lexx
Tutor

Yes, I know they don't monitor.  Their solution to everything is same as yours, restore factory settings.  I did swear off Netgear once before but there isn't much choice in multi-satellite high-bandwidth wireless backhaul meshes.  Initially, Orbi worked ok and so I stuck with it -- clearly should have instead stuck to my prior Netgear ban.  I don't need luck, I and the world needs competent software for a change.

Message 9 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 12
Lexx
Tutor

Ironically enough, trying to restore factory settings from the UI results in the same "400 Bad Request" error (should just say "400.1 Bad Netgear Software, Run Away Now!" instead).  So as the OP points out, a minimum of a hard factory reset is required (if it will ultimately fix anything), not even a soft factory reset is possible.  Pathetic.

Message 11 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

See reset does work when needed. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 4 in conversation