Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

$400 for intermittent internet?! REFUND!

Whoisjr
Follower

$400 for intermittent internet?! REFUND!

Time for a refund Netgear! I know you say you don't offer them, but neither does Best Buy after 6 months. Someone should own up to this!

Six months of beautiful internet. Followed by two months of terrible, frustrating internet. The connection is fine because I can switch back to my non-Orbi internet with great success. It is Orbi. 

No one to call. I've tried all of the "fixes." $400 is way to much for the frustration, dropped calls, dropped Zoom meetings, interrupted movies, tv shows and games. 

Oh, then today, I discovered that my registered Orbi devices are now not registered and I cannot get support online anymore. WHAT?!?! 

I'm normally not a public posting type person, but I cannot get anything fixed any other way! SOMEONE FIX THIS!

Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 3

Re: $400 for intermittent internet?! REFUND!

@Whoisjr wrote:

I'm normally not a public posting type person, but I cannot get anything fixed any other way! SOMEONE FIX THIS!

What exactly is it that needs fixing?

Beyond a vague reference to "frustrating internet" your message is silent on that.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: $400 for intermittent internet?! REFUND!

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

IF you want a refund, the place to ask about this is the place of purchase. The forum doesn't handle refunds.

@Whoisjr wrote:

Time for a refund Netgear! I know you say you don't offer them, but neither does Best Buy after 6 months. Someone should own up to this!

Six months of beautiful internet. Followed by two months of terrible, frustrating internet. The connection is fine because I can switch back to my non-Orbi internet with great success. It is Orbi. 

No one to call. I've tried all of the "fixes." $400 is way to much for the frustration, dropped calls, dropped Zoom meetings, interrupted movies, tv shows and games. 

Oh, then today, I discovered that my registered Orbi devices are now not registered and I cannot get support online anymore. WHAT?!?! 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7