Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC2200 Device List Empty

jlwgreg
Aspirant

AC2200 Device List Empty

No idea why it’s empty? Devices are 100% connected to it because it’s in the basement and my next nearest satellite is a few hundred feet away. Any ideas?
Message 1 of 7
vajim
Master

Re: AC2200 Device List Empty

Where are you seeing this?

Message 2 of 7
jlwgreg
Aspirant

In the iOS app. See screenshot.
Message 3 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

@jlwgreg wrote:
No idea why it’s empty? Devices are 100% connected to it because it’s in the basement and my next nearest satellite is a few hundred feet away. Any ideas?

Did I read this correctly? For a satellite to have a good connection (Green Dot) over a distance of a few hundred feet does not sound reasonable.

I would open the Orbi web interface and look at the Attached Devices display.  (My pesonal confidence in the Orbi "app" is not high.)

Message 4 of 7
jlwgreg
Aspirant

Sorry for not being clearer. The Plug-in satellite in question is in the same room as at least 3 devices that should be connected to it. The nearest satellite after this one is far enough away to make me wonder why nothing is showing up in the list.
Message 5 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

One of the most frequent questions about Orbi is, "why do devices not connect where it is obvious would be the best connection?"

(Followed closely by, "How can I force a device to connect to a specific Orbi unit?")

Attached Devices will show what those devices are connected to.  If it is the Orbi router, it may be the case that the devices have WiFi software that is not sophisticated enough to "roam".  i.e. once they connect to a WiFi access point, they "stick" to it.

A possible solution would be to "forget" the Orbi WiFi on those devices, then search for WiFi and connect again.

Message 6 of 7
vajim
Master

As others have mentioned dump the app

login to the orbi on a pc

i had a similar problem the other day and a simple reboot on all (modem router and sats) fixed the problem 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7