Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC3000 RBK50

ronfriedman
Aspirant

AC3000 RBK50

When I try to log into the American Airlines site (aa.com) I get the following message:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.aa.com/" on this server.

Reference #18.f33c517.1503933312.60ccc231

I have no issue ogging in to any other website.  Is this an Orbi Router issue?

FYII am using Chrome but the same thing happens if I use Firefox or IE.  I would appreciate any advice to help me fix this issue.   Many thanks

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 7
BillYoung
Luminary

Re: AC3000 RBK50

ronfriedman:

I have the same router as you.  I tried accessing www.aa.com, and had no issues doing so on my computer.

Are you sure you don't have this website blocked on your router?  Or maybe a keyword that is preventing access to this site?

Otherwise, I don't believe this is a router issue.

BillYoung

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 2 of 7
ronfriedman
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply Bill.  In answer to your question, I am not blocking access to any websites on my router.  I am asking about the possibility that this is a router issue because a recent post (https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/Access-Denied-You-do-not-have-permission/m-p...) mentioned the same issue I am having and for the exact same website and the fix was apparently to change the MAC address on the router.  If I were to want to change the MAC address on my Orbi router to fix this issue, how would I do so?  Would this be a possible fix?   In the meantime, I have rebooted the modem and the router and cleared the browsing cache and history.  I have also tried using Firefox, IE and Chrome with the same results--Access denied--to this same website.

I would appreciate any direction or advice. Many thanks\ron

Message 3 of 7
comphero
Aspirant

You are not alone.  Are you on Comcast internet by chance.  We have two customers who cannot route to this address and others, like census.gov without the same message.  It would appear there is some sort of routing issues down the road somewhere.  Hurricane?

Message 4 of 7
ronfriedman
Aspirant

Yes, I am on Comcast internet.  Would appreciate any help.  Many thanks\ron

Message 5 of 7
comphero
Aspirant

Open a ticket with Comcast.  I did.  If you go to WhatIsMyIP.com, does your IP address start with 173.160 perhaps?  If so, you're in the same bock as me.  The more people we get complaining about this, the faster they'll fix it.

Message 6 of 7
comphero
Aspirant

So, I found out a bunch more about this.  See my post on Reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/comments/6wm3ty/access_denied/

End result is that a web security firm is black-listing us. If you're in CO, you could be part of a broader black list for Comcast users in the area.  If you do not have a Static IP address on your account (doubtful if you are a home user), then pull the COAX from your Comcast modem for 30 minutes.  Press the reset button at the top of the unit (for Xfinity Tripple-Play customers with a modem that looks like this http://amzn.to/2t5fbeC/) or disconnect the power to the unit.  Return the COAX cable (and power) and wait for online lights.  You will likely get a new IP address and will be able to hit these sites.  Otherwise, if you're a business customer and have a static address, you must email Akamai at 'ccare@akamai.com' with the reference number from one of the failed pages, your contact information, and your static IP address and you can plead your case to be white-listed by them.  If they don't white-list you, it's 5 to 12 days before you fall off their black list - assuming that you're still not alerting their security.  

Akamai would do the world a favor if they actually gave more information when they black list someone.  Perhaps actually redirecting the browser to a site that would explain things rather than a page that means almost nothing to most people.  Even Comcast didn't know what the message meant.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7