Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AC3000 router and satellite - no internet access or weeak signal

ThanhHien
Aspirant

AC3000 router and satellite - no internet access or weeak signal

Hello,

I purchased the AC3000 with satellite on 9/14. The installation and set up were easy. However, the system does not perform properly.

It might work for several hours or days then there there will no internet access available. I have to switch to my wifi from the comcast router.

Or the internet signal from the orbi AC3000 is so weak. (only one line).

Does any one have this problem? Does any one know how to fix this issue?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Thanh.

Message 1 of 4
aaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

It's usually not a goot idea to have two routers inline, you may want to try to switch your comcast router to bridged mode and let the Orbi do the routing. With the way you have it connected I doubt you can easily find where the trouble is. You may also want to make sure your firmware is up to date -- ver 2.0... available to install manually currently.

Message 2 of 4
ThanhHien
Aspirant

Should both GATEWAY MODE and Primary Nework only Mode chagne to bridged? Thak you for your help.

Message 3 of 4
aaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@ThanhHien wrote:

Should both GATEWAY MODE and Primary Nework only Mode chagne to bridged? Thak you for your help.

I don't have experience with Comcast, but from online reading it appears that Gateway mode is what matters - and when you set that to bridged then Primary network mode becomes inactive. If you want to undo that change you may need to reset the cable modem or call the ISP.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7