Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AP only mode w a Satellite - Android issues

Stowy
Follower

AP only mode w a Satellite - Android issues

I have a Netgear Orbi router installed and working in AP only mode by hooking in a switch port to my office network.  It passes DHCP from active directory and DNS.  The main and the satellite work great (I use the Orbi solution at most of my customers).  All my computers are fine and WIFI connects to everything and all the iPhones are also fine on the WIFI.  But the Androids cannot surf.  They connect to the WIFI, get DHCP from active directory, DNS and gateway but cannot surf.

I believe this is related to the fact that the main unit (the router not acting as a router) is reporting "no internet" on the webUI.  In the advanced settings I was not able to disable the router mode so I fear this error on the WebUI for me the admin is there to stay.  ..and I fear that somehow is affecting my Android users.

I have no MAC address filtering turned on.

Any tips?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: AP only mode w a Satellite - Android issues

What orbi model are you referencing? 

Be sure your devices are set for auto obtain IP addresses and DNS. 

AP mode any Orbi system acts as a pass thru for internet traffic. Will not block internet services unless the RBR is not configured right for AP mode or the host router is not configured right or blocking traffic there. 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What host router is being used?

How is the RBR configured for AP mode? Dynamic or Static IP? 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7