Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AT&T Wifi / Hotspot

only1mrsj
Follower

AT&T Wifi / Hotspot

Hi!  I have AT&T as my cell phone provider. I can't access their Wi-fi since my home sits on a deadzone - per AT&T. I use their Mobile Hotspot okay.  Will the Orbi help me use the Wi-fi option or will I have to keep turning on the Hotspot? Will it work with the Hotspot? Thanks!

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 4
TheEther
Guru

Re: AT&T Wifi / Hotspot

The Orbi by itself won't work with the hotspot.  It requires an Ethernet connection to the Internet.  You could kludge something together by using a range extender, media bridge, wireless bridge or gaming adapter:

Hotspot---Wireless bridge---Orbi in AP mode---Devices
|
+---Devices

Not the most elegant solution. 

Message 2 of 4
st_shaw
Master

@only1mrsj wrote:

Hi!  I have AT&T as my cell phone provider. I can't access their Wi-fi since my home sits on a deadzone - per AT&T. I use their Mobile Hotspot okay.  Will the Orbi help me use the Wi-fi option or will I have to keep turning on the Hotspot? Will it work with the Hotspot? Thanks!

You can buy a 4G LTE router (like a MOFI or CradlePoint).  It will connect to the AT&T service for Internet and provide WiFi throughout your house.

Message 3 of 4
TheEther
Guru

Ah, I forgot, Netgear also has a LTE router, the R7100LG.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7