Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Another Orbi dropping internet

AliNet1
Aspirant

Another Orbi dropping internet

About 5 weeks into our Orbi network, and we're losing internet connection, often - 3 times yesterday, twice today. First it's like Wi-Fi going down (websites not responding, etc.), but our SSID still broadcasts. After a few minutes, Orbi base turns pink. Using the app, I can connect but it shows local/no internet. Force reboot through app (see below for combos), flashing white light, then no light, full connection. For a time.

I've also done hard boots of Orbi as complete network hard boots (Orbi unplug, modem unplug, modem boot, Orbi boot) with and without any other devices connected via Ethernet. No difference.

setup - Hardware RBR850, firmware (current) 4.6.3.16_2.0.51 connected by cat 6 to Cox Panoramic POS gateway running in bridge mode. Circle, Armor, Traffic are all off. I had a lot of trouble getting it up and working initially, had to spend almost 3 hrs with tech support to get it up and running. I vaguely remember what we did, but it was crazy back door stuff to manually copy my laptop's network config.

I've got to get this working, and the thought of another 90 min hold ... hoping folks here can help. Thanks 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Another Orbi dropping internet

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 2 of 3
AliNet1
Aspirant

Thanks -

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo