Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Any Plans for ORBI Firmware Upgrade for guests on WiFi to see each other WITHOUT accessing the LAN?

jmchez
Tutor

Any Plans for ORBI Firmware Upgrade for guests on WiFi to see each other WITHOUT accessing the LAN?

Are there plans for a firmware upgrade to the RBR50 firmware to allow guest to see ach other wihtout having acess to the main Lan? 

If the answer is no because this is a limitation of the product, I will start to see how to recoup my $300 dollars and sell the ORBI set. I hope that it doesn't come to that.

Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Any Plans for ORBI Firmware Upgrade for guests on WiFi to see each other WITHOUT accessing th...

Hello Jmchez

Can you be a little more specific what you are wanting to do with the guest network?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
richpjr
Star

Re: Any Plans for ORBI Firmware Upgrade for guests on WiFi to see each other WITHOUT accessing the L

@jmchez wrote:

Are there plans for a firmware upgrade to the RBR50 firmware to allow guest to see ach other wihtout having acess to the main Lan? 

If the answer is no because this is a limitation of the product, I will start to see how to recoup my $300 dollars and sell the ORBI set. I hope that it doesn't come to that.

The Velop also has the same restriction.

Message 3 of 4

Re: Any Plans for ORBI Firmware Upgrade for guests on WiFi to see each other WITHOUT accessing the L

@jmchez wrote:

this actually doesnt make sense as you wouldnt want guest access to the lan or each other , the whole concept of guest isolation and guest wifi is built on this in most domestic wifi

in more soho / prosumer type gear you can use vlan and do what ever you want but this features is found on a different class of gear

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7