Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Are Orbi RBK50 owners here interested in Voxel optimized/enhanced third-party firmware for the O

RogerSC
Virtuoso

Are Orbi RBK50 owners here interested in Voxel optimized/enhanced third-party firmware for the Orbi?

Voxel, who is already generating optmized/enhanced firmware for the Netgear R7800 and R9000, is wondering how much user interest there would be in optimized firmware for the Orbi RBK50. You can see his postings on the "Netgear AC Wireless" subforum on the smallnetbuilder.com forums. Voxel basically takes the Netgear firmware and compiles it with more optimized compiler options, as well as accelerating OpenSSL, and updates of internal packages as updates become available. I've used Voxel's firmware, and it has been more stable and performs better than stock firmware, with a lower level of security problems due to the frequent package updates.

You can see an example of what he does for the R7800 here:

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/custom-firmware-build-for-r7800-v-1-0-2-40sf-1-0-2-41sf.42222/

Please respond here if you're interested...I know I am *smile*.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 5
leejhamilton
Tutor

Re: Are Orbi RBK50 owners here interested in Voxel optimized/enhanced third-party firmware for the O

Definately interested, anything to get round the basic limitations on an otherwise excellent piece of kit

Message 2 of 5
thebadpete
Guide

Sign me up!

Message 3 of 5
mastervisa30
Luminary

Yes I am very interested, SIGN ME UP I have RBK53, ONE ROUTER AND TWO SATELLITES
Message 4 of 5
Silver0066
Apprentice

Yes, I am interested.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7