Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Attached Device List is not Updating / Working Correctly V2.5.1.8 AP Mode

FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Attached Device List is not Updating / Working Correctly V2.5.1.8 AP Mode

Sounds good. Please try adding just 1 RBS at first. Check the status and if you see devices on both RBR and RBS thru the orbi app and web page. You should. If you do, then add the 2nd RBS. Plausable that v2 RBS could be doing something different. 

@tequilatram wrote:

My original system was the 2-pack (RBR50 / RBS50 - both V1).  About a year later, I added the 2nd satellite (RBS50 - V2).

I have had similar issues with prior firmware upgrades on losing the satellites temporarily, but never this bad.

I'll try to perform factory reset on everything tonight and do your proposed initial setup ...

Message 26 of 31
tequilatram
Tutor

Ok, I factory reset everything and started from scratch.

RBR50 configured just fine and came up perfect.

Next, I manually added the RBS50 v1.

Although it took a while to completely register, it eventually got an IP address and a "good" backhaul status.

Third, I attempted to add the RBS50 v2.  That is where various things went strange.

After about 10 tries at getting the satellite to sync, it finally got registered as a satellite, but never received an IP address or backhaul status.

During this 2nd satellite setup time, the 1st satellite appeared to be going through a series of reboots.

So, now the 2nd satellite appears to be attached to the 1st satellite.

The 1st satellite's "Connected Orbi" shows the 2nd satellite's MAC ID/name and the 1st satellite's "backhaul" keeps bouncing between "good" and "config sync" .

It this normal? 

One final observation:

After I setup the 1st satellite, I moved it to another room.  During the 10 mins it was down, the router never showed it offline.

Message 27 of 31
-Malux-
Tutor

I am having this same exact issue - with both the satellite showing disconnected in the web-ui as well as with the device list not updating.

I did a factory reset and reflashed the firmware on both the router and satellite with no change in behavior.

I called Netgear and they said they are working on a patch, but I’m skeptical.

Does anyone from netgear comment on the forums?

Message 28 of 31
FURRYe38
Guru

Wondering if here is a v1 RBS vs v2 RBS issue here. 

Can you remove the v2 RBS and just add the v1 RBS with the RBR and place in a remote location? 

Is Daisy Chain disabled on the RBR? Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

If the v1 RBS works and all seems well. I would get in contact with NG support and let them know what happens with you go to add the v2 RBS. If the v1 RBS doesn't work, then possible the v1 RBS is faulty. 

Let us know.  

@tequilatram wrote:

Ok, I factory reset everything and started from scratch.

RBR50 configured just fine and came up perfect.

Next, I manually added the RBS50 v1.

Although it took a while to completely register, it eventually got an IP address and a "good" backhaul status.

Third, I attempted to add the RBS50 v2.  That is where various things went strange.

After about 10 tries at getting the satellite to sync, it finally got registered as a satellite, but never received an IP address or backhaul status.

During this 2nd satellite setup time, the 1st satellite appeared to be going through a series of reboots.

So, now the 2nd satellite appears to be attached to the 1st satellite.

The 1st satellite's "Connected Orbi" shows the 2nd satellite's MAC ID/name and the 1st satellite's "backhaul" keeps bouncing between "good" and "config sync" .

It this normal? 

One final observation:

After I setup the 1st satellite, I moved it to another room.  During the 10 mins it was down, the router never showed it offline.

This maybe a problem that NG support needs to look into with. 

Message 29 of 31
tequilatram
Tutor

I had no idea that the router defaulted the daisy chaining "enabled".  After I turned it off, everything (satellites and all endpoint devices) registered perfectly!

Thank you so much for that helpful hint !!!

I still have about 5 of 22 devices to reset their WIFI settings now ... 😉

Message 30 of 31
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad that worked. Yes DC is enabled by default. 

Be sure to do a backup configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@tequilatram wrote:

I had no idea that the router defaulted the daisy chaining "enabled".  After I turned it off, everything (satellites and all endpoint devices) registered perfectly!

Thank you so much for that helpful hint !!!

I still have about 5 of 22 devices to reset their WIFI settings now ... 😉

Message 31 of 31
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 30 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7